Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2011 Transmission and Battery Problems

Old August 29th, 2014, 1:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2011 Transmission and Battery Problems

I have a black 2011 Impala and I fell in love with it until the transmission totally clamped up last year this time. I tried to start it but it wouldn't. Then I tried to put it in neutral but it would not shift gears and the key got stuck. The tow truck driver had the hardest time getting it out the driveway. Chevy dealership kept it a week and they ordered all new parts and rebuilt the transmission. I couldn't believe that my car was only 2 years old and had such huge problem. It was fixed and now the transmission is slipping OMG! I thought it was me but it keeps doing it randomly and now I have to take it back this weekend. Is this common with the Impala? My folks all had Chevy's but I'm considering getting a different Make of car. The battery also keeps dying...did I just get a lemon???
Old August 29th, 2014, 4:01 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum..
Sorry to hear of the troubles, I had a 1997 Tahoe that had the transmission go out in the first 11,000 miles I owned it, it does happen, the dealership repaired it and it ran for another 100,000 miles....
Batteries on the other hand are consumables, just like the ones in a TV remote they have to be replaced and even more so for today's auto batteries because of the heavy demands of all the electronic modules that are in vehicles now days, getting 3 years out of it is descent...
A poor ground connection could be causing the battery to die AND the transmission to act up due to low voltage or poor connections..
Do let us know what the repair shop finds, it could be something simple like a shift solenoid gone out or a bad ground wire...
Old October 7th, 2014, 4:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default Transmission Still A Problem

Well I'm back to report that the transmission in this Chevy sucks. It had to be rebuilt for the second time. It was in the shop for a week! Then I picked it up and it sounded like junk so they had it in the shop 4 days hooking it up because it was loose somewhere. Anybody want this junk? I'm done. Gotta let her go.
Old October 9th, 2014, 5:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default Transmission and stabilitrak problems

I have a 2011 Chevrolet Impala, and at 69,000 miles I've began to have erratic transmission shifts and clunking. Also, there seem to be something going on with my traction system; its making grinding noises and it seem to happen simultaneously with the shifting of the transmission. There are no warning lights illuminating on the dash and it's been a pain. I've had a transmission maintenance service performed on it, as well as spark plugs replaced, and it is still showing these signs. What could be the problem, I would really hate to have work done on a practically new car; it's only a few years old.

2011 chevy impala LT 3.6L