Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2012 Impala LTZ security Light

Old March 21st, 2016, 8:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Impala LTZ security Light

Greetings all. New member here with a question concerning my wife's car. She has a 2012 Impala LTZ. The security icon (Lock symbol) on the dash has started staying on after locking the vehicle. It stays on for approximately 10 seconds or so. The car locks and unlocks with the remote with no issue. The car starts, including Remote Start, with no issue. My wife brought it to my attention and I simply have no idea what it means. It never did this before and indeed mine does not do that (2011 Impala LT). Does it mean the security system has a problem? Does it mean it has been activated? Is there a way to get it back the way it was? As I said, everything appears to be fine except for that light staying on for 10 or so seconds after locking it. The only thing different is that she had a new key made roughly 2-3 weeks ago. I do not know if she used the new key at the time it happened. I do know the new key was used at least once after it was made and the light did not come on then.

Thanks for any info or guidance you can provide.

Search this Thread