Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2013 Random front end noise

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2015, 2:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Random front end noise

I have a 2013 Impala LS and I have a random occuring noise in the front end. Today I was leaving my sub division and I went to accelerate from a stop sign, and the car didn't want to move at first. It mad the sound like the traction control was active and then it took off. I also notice sometimes when I make a left turn I can hear a grinding sound. I took the caliper off last weekend and the slide pins both move freely with the caliper. It has 41,000 miles on it, but I don't want to take it to the dealer if it's not going to be a replecateable issue. Any ideas?

Kyle
Old August 4th, 2015, 7:51 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mimilkman1
I have a 2013 Impala LS and I have a random occuring noise in the front end. Today I was leaving my sub division and I went to accelerate from a stop sign, and the car didn't want to move at first. It mad the sound like the traction control was active and then it took off. I also notice sometimes when I make a left turn I can hear a grinding sound. I took the caliper off last weekend and the slide pins both move freely with the caliper. It has 41,000 miles on it, but I don't want to take it to the dealer if it's not going to be a replecateable issue. Any ideas?

Kyle
Hi Kyle,

We apologize for the unexpected concerns with your Impala. We would be more than happy to further investigate this situation and get in touch with the dealership on your behalf. Feel free to send us a private message and include your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. Looking forward to your response!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 7th, 2015, 10:48 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mimilkman1

Kyle
So you are out of warranty? I wish I had your deep pockets to drive 41,000 miles in 2.5 years... dam..

So are you brake pads sensors hitting the rotor? The pads do wear out....the metal sensors hit the rotors and make a screech noise.

Assuming these are mostly highway miles and therefore not much brake usage - Are your hub bearings shot?