Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 2LT impala issues

Search this Thread

Old April 29th, 2015, 12:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 2LT impala issues

I cant believe that my 2014 Impala 2LT has had so many issues. 4 times I have had to take the car into the dealership for service. The steering column malfunctioned, rear wheel bearings, Stabilitrac (reduced engine power), Hi pressure fuel sensor. Thats not counting the factory recalls that I have had (3). The last 2 issues left me stranded on the highway with cars zooming past me at 70mph.
My car has 30,000 miles. 6000 more and the warranty is expired.
I called my Chevy dealer about an extended warranty, they said it would cost $2000.00. Chevy corp. was no help either.
Thanks for your support Chevy.
Chances are, that if I have had this many issues before 30,000 miles, something else will happen soon. After the warranty expires.
I bought an Impala because Chevy boasted about its reliability.
Can you say NISSAN?
I loved my 2LT. I just cant depend on it
Old April 29th, 2015, 6:13 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by scanner314
I cant believe that my 2014 Impala 2LT has had so many issues. 4 times I have had to take the car into the dealership for service. The steering column malfunctioned, rear wheel bearings, Stabilitrac (reduced engine power), Hi pressure fuel sensor. Thats not counting the factory recalls that I have had (3). The last 2 issues left me stranded on the highway with cars zooming past me at 70mph.
My car has 30,000 miles. 6000 more and the warranty is expired.
I called my Chevy dealer about an extended warranty, they said it would cost $2000.00. Chevy corp. was no help either.
Thanks for your support Chevy.
Chances are, that if I have had this many issues before 30,000 miles, something else will happen soon. After the warranty expires.
I bought an Impala because Chevy boasted about its reliability.
Can you say NISSAN?
I loved my 2LT. I just cant depend on it
Hello,

We truly apologize for these unexpected concerns involving your new Impala. This is not the kind of impression we wanted to give you! If you need additional assistance with this, feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and a preferred dealership. We look forward to your response!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 11th, 2015, 11:20 AM
CF Beginner

Patsy G.
Thank you for your response in saying that someone from Chevrolet would contact me concerning these issues.
However a response from Chevrolet has not come. I was given the name of a senior advisor who was supposed to assist me.
I call him daily but, he is " assisting another customer, He will call you today". He obviously is very busy because he has not called me. It has been 2 weeks.
You have my personal contact information. Please have someone call me. ASAP
Old May 11th, 2015, 10:45 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Patsy G.
Thank you for your response in saying that someone from Chevrolet would contact me concerning these issues.
However a response from Chevrolet has not come. I was given the name of a senior advisor who was supposed to assist me.
I call him daily but, he is " assisting another customer, He will call you today". He obviously is very busy because he has not called me. It has been 2 weeks.
You have my personal contact information. Please have someone call me. ASAP
I want to look into this more for you. For your privacy, please reach out to me in a private message with your information, and I would be more than happy to do some digging!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 3rd, 2015, 4:49 PM
CF Beginner

The issues with my 2014 2lt Impala have been resolved. The resolution that I received from Chevy was, OH WELL. All I wanted was some help in buying an extended warranty for the engine.
After numerous calls to my senior advisor (he never answered the phone or called me back) Chevrolet Corporate customer service does not feel that buying an extended warranty for $2000.00 is excessive. I was told that even though I bought their top of the line car that "stuff" happens. They said that I should have had the foresight to buy an extended warranty on the car when I purchased it brand new. WOW, what an answer.
32,000 miles on my car and I am afraid to drive it on the expressway for fear of having it break down for the 3rd time.
4000 more miles and the next major repair bill is on me.
Old June 3rd, 2015, 5:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chevrolet Corporate customer service does not feel that buying an extended warranty for $2000.00 is excessive. I was told that even though I bought their top of the line car that "stuff" happens. They said that I should have had the foresight to buy an extended warranty on the car when I purchased it brand new. WOW, what an answer.
What kind of warranty coverage were you getting for $2000? full coverage @ 7 years/100,000 miles or something?

Unless something has changed in the last 15 years, I understood you could buy a warranty as long as you were still in warranty without a problem from GM.. so I'm not sure why you would need foresight to buy an extended warranty? That comment from them really makes no sense. You would have a little bit more bargaining power when the car is new dealing with salesman trying to cut deals, and possibly work in a discount, and work it into the loan.

I think I was around $1200 for 6 years/60,000 miles full coverage at time of sale. They had a chart - you could just about buy any type of extended warranty plan you wanted... mileage/years...
Old June 4th, 2015, 7:50 AM
CF Beginner

I wasn't looking for a bumper to bumper warranty for my car, just a warranty for the engine and its components.
Admittedly, I have not seen or heard of others having the same issues that I have had with my vehicle. But, the fact is that I have had those issues. A nice car sitting on the side of the highway waiting for a tow truck, is not a very nice car. (Twice).
$2000.00 was what I was quoted. GM Corporate told me that they DO NOT sell extended warranties. When I asked the service dept. what the cost would have been had I not had a warranty they told me that it would have been in excess of $1500.00.

Just as frustrating was that someone from GM responded to a posting that I had put up on here. They asked for personal information, Name, phone #, Vehicle vin #. That was the last time I heard from them. It looks good when they respond on here. Makes the general public think that they are helping.....
If I was to trade this car in, the dealer would check it and put a "certified tag" on it and give it a 100,000 mile warranty.