Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 impala lt questions

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2015, 2:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 impala lt questions

I took my 2014 impala in today for a oil change and when they gave me back my paper work they gave me my vehicle report. With the warranties, recalls,transaction and etc on it. Well under the section required field actions it has my recall stuff there that I've taken care of. It has a new one. It says service update bulletin, number 14770, sub-seat wire harness-expires with base warranty. Release date 3/25/15.
Do I need to bring it in to have that fixed? Cause I put my vin in on gm recall website and nothing came up.
Also on that paper under the service information it says, type El, number PIE0310, description: poor A/C performance,AC not cold enough,insufficient cooling,A/C not working. Date posted 2/10/2015
Type El, number PIE0329, brake lights stay illuminated without brake pedal being pressed, date posted 3/16/2015.
What does this mean? Should I bring my car in for those also? I have noticed since I've had the car the A/C never really worked as good as I thought it should like being real cold. And with the brake thing I'm not sure if that's the case with my car cause I'm always driving it and can't see.
Old June 6th, 2015, 5:42 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks. I've only heard about the wire harness thing.

My AC blows cold 35-40F.
Old June 6th, 2015, 9:24 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the seat harness recall done recently. It basically just involves the dealer checking the routing of the wiring harness under the seat. If it is in the proper location - you are done, if the harness is not routed correctly, they re-route the harness so it is correct. If the harness is left in the position where it is routed incorrectly, if I remember correctly, the insulation can get chafed off of the wires which could lead to un-intended movement of the seat while driving and possible loss of the control the the vehicle. From my understanding, this is only covered under 36 mo 36000 mi warranty.
Old June 6th, 2015, 11:36 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank3
I had the seat harness recall done recently. It basically just involves the dealer checking the routing of the wiring harness under the seat. If it is in the proper location - you are done, if the harness is not routed correctly, they re-route the harness so it is correct. If the harness is left in the position where it is routed incorrectly, if I remember correctly, the insulation can get chafed off of the wires which could lead to un-intended movement of the seat while driving and possible loss of the control the the vehicle. From my understanding, this is only covered under 36 mo 36000 mi warranty.
So.. perhaps another sly way to not notify people and end up with an accumulation of deaths 10 years from now... (key spring tumbler anyone??)...

The old GM is still the new GM?

What does Chevrolet Customer Service have to say about this?

Is there a date for this item?? It could be there was a new person on the job at the time and didn't understand the routing and did whatever was easiest...