Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Impala power seat question

Search this Thread

Old March 13th, 2014, 7:31 PM
ZL1
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Impala power seat question

Hello Chevrolet Forums , great looking site ! I just picked up my new 2014 Impala 2LT today and I'm very impressed with the ride so far , one question regarding the drivers power seat , my car has the eight way power option and was curious to know if the seat is supposed to actually go up and down ? The front of the seat tilts up and down , but the whole seat itself does not go up in the vertical direction . Forward and back , tilt up/down front and seatback forward/back is working , just can't seem to get the seat to go up and down . Any feedback would be appreciated . Thanks

ZL1
Old March 13th, 2014, 8:23 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZL1
Hello Chevrolet Forums , great looking site ! I just picked up my new 2014 Impala 2LT today and I'm very impressed with the ride so far , one question regarding the drivers power seat , my car has the eight way power option and was curious to know if the seat is supposed to actually go up and down ? The front of the seat tilts up and down , but the whole seat itself does not go up in the vertical direction . Forward and back , tilt up/down front and seatback forward/back is working , just can't seem to get the seat to go up and down . Any feedback would be appreciated . Thanks

ZL1
Page 3-5 to 3-7 in the owner's manual explains it all.
Old March 14th, 2014, 5:54 AM
ZL1
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
Page 3-5 to 3-7 in the owner's manual explains it all.

sledge.impy

I did go over the manual and was convinced my seat is not working the way it should based on the diagram on 3-6 , just wanted to see if other owners were having same issue . Looks like the car is going back to the shop after one day ! Thank you for your response .
Old March 14th, 2014, 8:26 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by ZL1
sledge.impy

I did go over the manual and was convinced my seat is not working the way it should based on the diagram on 3-6 , just wanted to see if other owners were having same issue . Looks like the car is going back to the shop after one day ! Thank you for your response .
http://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam...2k14impala.pdf

3-6

the rear cushion can go up and down, the front part can go up and down, there is nothing about the whole seat going up and down.

---
Power Seat Adjustment
{Warning
You can lose control of the
vehicle if you try to adjust a driver
seat while the vehicle is moving.
Adjust the driver seat only when
the vehicle is not moving.
To adjust the seat:
. Move the seat forward or
rearward by sliding the control
forward or rearward.
. Raise or lower the front part of
the seat cushion by moving the
front of the control up or down.
. Raise or lower the seat by
moving the rear of the control up
or down.
To adjust the seatback, see
Reclining Seatbacks on page 3-6.
To adjust the lumbar support, see
Lumbar Adjustment on page 3-6.

Last edited by sledge.impy; March 14th, 2014 at 8:46 AM.
Old March 14th, 2014, 8:47 AM
CF Veteran

i think i see what my problem is in reading this manual.. clicking on the Table Of Contents #'s the pages differently. Once you start clicking up/down on pages - they renumber yet again! 3-5 becomes a 3-6.
Old March 14th, 2014, 4:30 PM
ZL1
CF Beginner

Booked for appointment , I checked out another Impala with the lower 1LT package and it seats work perfectly . Oh well , I'm sure the dealership will get it fixed asap !
Old March 15th, 2014, 10:18 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by ZL1
Booked for appointment , I checked out another Impala with the lower 1LT package and it seats work perfectly . Oh well , I'm sure the dealership will get it fixed asap !
Was it a manual seat adjustment? That whole seat appears to go up and down via power. It's not part of the 8 way power adjustment.