Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Impala questions

Search this Thread

Old September 27th, 2013, 1:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Impala questions

Hello...I'm new to this board so I wanted to introduce myself. The last Chevy I owned was a teal 1991 Chevy Camaro RS with good old fashioned t tops. Many a fund road trip to the Jersey shore in that ride. Since then I had neem driving Hondas due to their reliability and strong trade in value. That being said I was never excited about owning any of them...in fact there was nothing particularly unique about of those cars. After seeing pictures of the new Impala and reading Consumer Reports review I had to test drive one. Needless to say I was very impressed. Having driven Hondas the last ten plus I grew accustomed to dealing with road noise...in fact I almost believed every car was that way. Not so with the Impala...it's hands down the quietest car I've ever owned and the ride is super smooth. I decided I just had to have one. I ordered a white diamond tri coat 2LTZ with jet black interior back in August...it just arrived last week. All I can say is I love this car...the aggressive exterior combined with the color and accents is awesome, I can't remember the last time I was driving a car that got as much attention as this one does. The interior is fantastic too...leather seats are comfortable and I love the ice blue lighting.

Just wanted to say I'm happy to be back, however, I did have some questions. For those of you that have driven Chevys over the years I was curious to hear about overall reliability of their vehicles. Also when I was shopping I was tempted to get the adaptive cruise control. Turns out it was the only option I declined as I could not understand why it had to be paired with the 20 inch wheels. I test drove one with the 19s and one with the 20s and felt the ride was quieter and smoother with the former as opposed to the latter. I also prefered the look of the 19s...my tastes are somewhat more conservative and I felt the 20s were kinda too much for me. What can I say I'm an old soul. I was curious to know if there was a way to add adaptive cruise without going down the 20s road. Anyway I look forward to reading your feedback and am happy to be part of the Chevy family again.
Old October 15th, 2013, 11:55 AM
CF Beginner

I've also got the 2014 2LTZ with White Diamond Tricoat but black/gray interion. Get lots of comments on it. Hope yours doesn't have the trunk release issue that mine does. Since I got it on June 30, the trunk has spontaneously opened 6 times, 5 times in my driveway and once at church. The time it opened prior to a rain storm (without my knowing it had opened) was not a fun clean up. The dealer cannot find the problem, of course.
Old October 15th, 2013, 6:18 PM
CF Junior Member

Exclamation Impala questions

Chevrolet has a highly reliable rating today. I just traded in August a 2005 Impala which moved me from New Jersey to Texas (Terrell) to Houston Texas. I bought my car in May of 2006 as it was a program car from Kerbeck
in Pleasantville , NJ. Had 19221 miles on it. Had the tranny rebuilt at 122000
miles. I have driven that car from NJ to Texas and back to NJ and back home to Texas. It has been in 8 states on vacation.

Recently my Wife suffered a stroke. Although the car has given me great service in the past it was getting tired. Never had a tune up, same starter and serpentine belt which should have been replaced at 64000 miles. The A/C was still the original charge. Never a problem.

It was showing signs of age. And needed another set of brakes, tires and a tranny again. Either I keep it going and going or time to trade Blue babes for Silver Belle. Enter a 2012 Impala base, another program car with 18000 miles in Houston Texas. Named her "Silver Belle". Bought it from one of the largest Chevrolet dealers in Houston.

If this answers your question about Chevrolet reliability there you have it.
Good luck with your new 2014 Impala. I wish you many years of happiness and reliability with your new car. You have made a great investment.
Old October 15th, 2013, 6:23 PM
CF Junior Member

Exclamation Opening trunk

Originally Posted by Weeble1150
I've also got the 2014 2LTZ with White Diamond Tricoat but black/gray interion. Get lots of comments on it. Hope yours doesn't have the trunk release issue that mine does. Since I got it on June 30, the trunk has spontaneously opened 6 times, 5 times in my driveway and once at church. The time it opened prior to a rain storm (without my knowing it had opened) was not a fun clean up. The dealer cannot find the problem, of course.
The trunk open issue is not a fault of the car. It has happened to me with my 200 an 2012. I carry my key fob in my pocket. Betcha something has pressed the button in your pocket and popped the trunk.

John
Old October 16th, 2013, 5:52 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by jtho53
The trunk open issue is not a fault of the car. It has happened to me with my 200 an 2012. I carry my key fob in my pocket. Betcha something has pressed the button in your pocket and popped the trunk.

John
That may have been the case the time it opened at church, but, when at home my key hangs on a hook in the bedroom. Hmmmm, the wife keeps hers in her purse. Maybe when she's rummaging around..........

This *never* happened with our '06 Lucerne.
Old October 18th, 2013, 1:00 PM
CF Beginner

Interresting about the trunk. I looked at one in Delaware the other day, new right off the truck. Spiffy looking car however I couldnt get the trunk to shut without slamming it. This was 3 times - open - slam shut. Couldnt drive it because the mechanics didnt program it or anything. I do wonder about all the little annoyances this car may have that add up to overcoming the looks. looks are nice, looks and substance are better especially for $38,558.
Old October 18th, 2013, 4:53 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

MichaelD16,

Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the forum. If you have any questions or concerns you would like for us to address, please do not hesitate to send us a private message.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

Weeble1150,

I am sorry that you are having this concern with your trunk. I would like to assist you with this further. Please private message me your name, VIN, and the name of your GM dealership.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 30th, 2013, 4:32 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Weeble1150
That may have been the case the time it opened at church, but, when at home my key hangs on a hook in the bedroom. Hmmmm, the wife keeps hers in her purse. Maybe when she's rummaging around..........

This *never* happened with our '06 Lucerne.
It could be a problem with the receiver in the vehicle or your key FOB. Most likely, the latter.

To check this out, take YOUR key FOB and WRAP IT THROUGHLY IN ALUMINUM FOIL. This effectively blocks all signals eminating from it. If the trunk opens by itself, do the same with your WIFE'S FOB but unwrap yours.
Old October 31st, 2013, 2:34 PM
CF Beginner

Default Camera

Anyone have issues with the rear camera not having a good video quality? Are there better cameras one can replace it with?
Old October 31st, 2013, 2:37 PM
Banned

No trunk issue on ours.

Shuts with what I would consider a normal amount of force.

Quick Reply: 2014 Impala questions