Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevrolet Car Models > Impala
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2014, 02:54 PM
CF Junior Member

Default 2014 TPMS relearning tool?

I'm new to all this technology i just read you need to use a relearn tool after you rotate the tires. i do most of my own work on my cars and wont be running clear to the other side of town to pay to have my tires rotated when i have all the equipment here.

im having trouble finding any tool online for the cars though. and the manual just says use the tool. not that any alternative procedures are needed.

also from what i read online, these sensors need to be replaced every 5 to 7 years because there's a battery. is this true? Im' glad i'm researching all this stuff before purchase
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 02-12-2014, 04:42 PM
CF Pro Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydriver View Post
I'm new to all this technology i just read you need to use a relearn tool after you rotate the tires. i do most of my own work on my cars and wont be running clear to the other side of town to pay to have my tires rotated when i have all the equipment here.

im having trouble finding any tool online for the cars though. and the manual just says use the tool. not that any alternative procedures are needed.

also from what i read online, these sensors need to be replaced every 5 to 7 years because there's a battery. is this true? Im' glad i'm researching all this stuff before purchase
And if you don't, will it still work but report on the wrong wheel?

I rarely check it.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:13 AM
CF Addict

aftermarket tools are out there for about $80.

I agree with the previous post: for vehicles that run the same pressure front and back...don't bother relearning them.

If there is a problem that needs to get repaired with the system...a smart tech will confirm the location of the bad sensor regardless of what the dic location says.

the sensor batteries have a ten year life and go into a sleep state when the wheels are not rotating.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:42 AM
Administrator
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

Most tire shops can do it for you, and some will do it for free as a customer service for those that have bought tires from them in the past....
Old 02-13-2014, 11:28 AM
CF Junior Member

ah ok so this is worry about nothing then. worst that will happen is the wrong tire will show low on pressure i thought id have some annoying warning lite constantly on or something, that would drive me nuts. also i dont mind paying 80 for the right tool. just saw some tools well over 100 bucks out there.

but as long as i can drive with no errors and it still report all 4 pressures ill be good.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:06 PM
CF Addict

General Motors TPMS Tire Pressure Monitor Relearn Tool 50448 | eBay

I know nothing about the seller but have used this brand of tool and it works well.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:56 PM
CF Pro Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech2 View Post
General Motors TPMS Tire Pressure Monitor Relearn Tool 50448 | eBay

I know nothing about the seller but have used this brand of tool and it works well.
Thanks. Definitely google for better prices.

Youtube videos under EL-50448.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:35 AM
CF Junior Member

Amazon has it as well.

Kent-Moore EL-50448 TPMS Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor Activation Tool : Amazon.com : Automotive Kent-Moore EL-50448 TPMS Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor Activation Tool : Amazon.com : Automotive
Old 02-14-2014, 12:35 AM