Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2015 Impala Infotainment Program Memory

Search this Thread

Old September 2nd, 2015, 5:47 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Impala Infotainment Program Memory

I have a couple questions regarding the Infotainment system programming: Is it true that the radio station program memory does not retain the individual tone (equalizer) for each separate programmed station? In other words the tone setting (treble, mid, bass) is not "programmable per each station memory." (I do not have the optional Bose sysem) My gosh all my GM vehicles for the past 20 years retained the individual settings for each station memory. I just can't believe this one doesn't. HELP!!

Another feature I can't get to work is the "automatic volume control." My other GMs called it "speed compensated volume" and they all worked perfectly, adjusting either up or down with changes in vehicle speed. -a very nice feature to have the volume level set at comfortable level at highway speed, and then it automatically reduces (in numerous steps) when speed is reduced, particularly when coming back into stop and go traffic.

Is there anyone else out there with these same problems??

Thanks!
Old September 2nd, 2015, 9:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speed Compensated Volume
The Speed Compensated Volume feature automatically adjusts the radio volume to compensate for road and wind noise as the vehicle speeds up or slows down, so that the volume level is consistent.
The level of volume compensation can be selected, or the auto volume feature can be turned off.
  1. Press the CONFIG button.
  2. Select Radio Settings.
  3. Select Speed compensated volume.
  4. Select the setting.
  5. Press BACK / button to go back to the System Configuration menu.
Auto Volume The auto volume feature automatically adjusts the radio volume to compensate for road and wind noise as the vehicle speeds up or slows down, so that the volume level is consistent.

The level of volume compensation can be selected, or the auto volume feature can be turned off.
  1. Press the CONFIG button.
  2. Select Radio Settings.
  1. Select Auto Volume.
  1. Select the setting.
  1. Press the BACK / button to go back to the System Configuration menu.
<a id="d76e354">Audio Settings

The audio settings can be set for each radio band and each audio player source.

To quickly reset an audio setting value to 0:
  1. Press the TONE button.
  2. Select the audio setting.
  3. Press and hold TUNE/MENU until the value changes to 0.
Press the BACK / button to go back to the Tone Settings menu.
Old September 2nd, 2015, 9:49 PM
CF Junior Member

Thank you Bern, and I'll bet that most times it is just a matter of the owner not figuring out how to make these settings.

In my case I have been through those setting many times. I have even done the "reset to factory settings" for the radio, repeated the setting procedures, and still no luck. So I think my next move will be to go down to the dealer, and make comparisons checks. I think they have a 2014 and and maybe a 2015 Impala on their lot.

I'm still wondering if anyone else has had this problem on either a '14 or '15 Impala.

Thanks again.
Old September 3rd, 2015, 8:34 PM
CF Junior Member

Well guys it looks like I got my questions answered. (-which included taking another '15 equipped almost identically to mine out for a test drive to try out the automatic volume control feature.)
The Infotainment System's audio has been "re-engineered" to remove the feature which used to remember the individual tone settings for each programmed station memory. So doesn’t THAT just SUCK!!!
(My timing at my local dealership was pretty good, in that the Service Department manager had just encountered the same questions from a couple other owners within the past two weeks, and had received the “official scoop” from Chevrolet.) “The word” is that almost nobody was even aware of the feature on previous year models, so it was removed. (trust me to be one of the .01 percent that really appreciated and used the feature) Oh well,,,
And regarding the automatic volume control, apparently mine is working correctly, -at least the same as the other new ’15 we test drove today. What I was told (-and it seems to be exactly the case) is that if for any reason you manually adjust the volume (either steering wheel controls, or system control ****) it disables the automatic volume control feature. –plus even with the AVC set to “high” the adjustments made automatically by the system is pretty subtle and so smooth that you really have to pay attention to notice it.
So there you have it. –If anyone finds out any different information be sure to respond.
Thanks to everyone who reads this, and hopefully it will provide another one or two people of that “.01 percent” with answers to their questions.
Old September 4th, 2015, 11:28 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So do I take it that once you set the speed controlled volume setting you desire you then NEED to turn on the auto volume?
Old September 4th, 2015, 1:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Frank3
So do I take it that once you set the speed controlled volume setting you desire you then NEED to turn on the auto volume?
Well, Frank3, I'll have to admit that I am still confused myself as to how to "re-gain" the automatic volume feature after I manually adjust the volume.

Quite frankly (no pun intended,,,,-I bet you get that a lot,,) I need to do some more test drives with it.

At this point, the only way I know how to get it to work is to tap the "menu" icon (while an audio source is playing) then tap the "automatic volume" button, (it should still show the check mark at your last setting) and then use the "back" feature to return to your normal display. I THINK that is the only way I know to re-gain the function. -and that is all based on my conversation with the Service Department guy yesterday. He says that anytime a person makes even the slightest adjustment to the volume manually, it "kicks it out of the automatic volume mode." (-even though when you go back and check it, your last auto volume setting will still be checked.)

Once again, I will have to spend more time with it.

Please share with us what your experience has been with it.

-and anyone else that can shed light on this please respond as well.

Thanks, Harry
Old September 8th, 2015, 11:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Okay, after having done a little road trip yesterday, I find that it works best at higher average volume levels. -and it automatically adjusts the volume up, as well as down in relation to vehicle speed. Additionally, manually adjusting the volume does not take it out of the automatic mode. Apparently I was just not noticing the very subtle differences at lower volume settings.