Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2015 Impala - only 2 changes ?

Old June 12th, 2014, 1:35 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Impala - only 2 changes ?

In looking at chevy's site, the 2015 Impala has only two changes:
  • Available 4G LTE connectivity
  • Colors: Delete color "blue ray metallic"; Delete color "blue topaz metallic"; Add color "velvet blue metallic"
wondering why they dumped the blue ray since the velvet blue is so similar. Maybe its cheaper to produce. I only saw one blue topaz on the road and thought it looked pretty good.
Old June 12th, 2014, 9:16 PM
CF Beginner

I don't see any mention of a sunroof in the specs on Chevrolet.com.
Old June 12th, 2014, 10:19 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by macnab
I don't see any mention of a sunroof in the specs on Chevrolet.com.

Power sunroof
Enjoy the exhilaration of open-air driving in your Impala<sup>®</sup>.
  • A power sunshade can be closed when you want to block light from entering the cabin from above
  • In addition, your rear seat passengers will appreciate the fixed-glass skylight positioned immediately behind the tilt-sliding sunroof glass
On 1LT and 2LT, this feature requires the available Convenience Package, Advanced Safety Package, Premium Seating Package or Premium Audio and Sport Wheels Package.
On 1LTZ, this feature requires the available Comfort and Convenience Package.
Old June 20th, 2014, 8:42 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by LarryFL
In looking at chevy's site, the 2015 Impala has only two changes:
  • Available 4G LTE connectivity
  • Colors: Delete color "blue ray metallic"; Delete color "blue topaz metallic"; Add color "velvet blue metallic"
wondering why they dumped the blue ray since the velvet blue is so similar. Maybe its cheaper to produce. I only saw one blue topaz on the road and thought it looked pretty good.
I'm glad to see that there isn't anything super-huge being done in the new year model. I mean, the seeming lack of support of the new MyLink system past the current year is still disappointing to me, but oh well.
Is the Blue Velvet all that different from the Blue Ray? In pictures it looks almost exactly the same. I'll echo that about the Blue Topaz though, it doesn't seem to be as common as the Ray at all. I saw more than a couple Rays on the road during a road trip in April, but none in the Topaz. The Topaz was still too new for them to find one for me back in September.

EDIT: Further reading about the start/stop tech makes it sound like a benefit.

Last edited by EYEL1NER; June 20th, 2014 at 8:58 AM.
Old June 20th, 2014, 9:36 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by EYEL1NER
. . .

EDIT: Further reading about the start/stop tech makes it sound like a benefit.

Remember, start/stop is only available with the 2.5L. The Impala is too large to be hoisted around by 190HP. I would consider dropping some features in order to opt for the 305HP V6. If fuel economy is an issue, then maybe consider a different car. The V6 is the best engine for the Impala, especially if you are dropping serious coin on a LTZ, leather, ect.

By the way, the 2.5L was adequate my 2013 Malibu and I considered it a great engine. But for the heavier Impala, I didn't want a slower car.
Old June 20th, 2014, 11:01 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by LarryFL
Remember, start/stop is only available with the 2.5L. The Impala is too large to be hoisted around by 190HP. I would consider dropping some features in order to opt for the 305HP V6. If fuel economy is an issue, then maybe consider a different car. The V6 is the best engine for the Impala, especially if you are dropping serious coin on a LTZ, leather, ect.

By the way, the 2.5L was adequate my 2013 Malibu and I considered it a great engine. But for the heavier Impala, I didn't want a slower car.
Oh. Well if I were in the market for a '15, I would spring for the V6 again, so I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the start/stop anyway.
When looking at the features list on the site, I thought that the V6 had the noise-cancellation stuff in it, but I was looking at the wrong column.
Old June 20th, 2014, 2:49 PM
CF Junior Member

Yeah the V6 doesn't get the noise cancellation. Its a good thing though. Those who have 'opened up' the V6 on a long straight know what I mean. It sounds incredible. A very unexpected sound from a big sedan.
Old June 20th, 2014, 7:04 PM
CF Beginner

The final drive ratio for the 4 is 3.23 and for the 6, 2.77, a rather big difference.
Old June 20th, 2014, 7:15 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by macnab
The final drive ratio for the 4 is 3.23 and for the 6, 2.77, a rather big difference.
I was on 1 road on the 20"s and they were humming pretty loud inside.
Old June 27th, 2014, 6:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
I was on 1 road on the 20"s and they were humming pretty loud inside.
That is due to the fact that different surfaces cause different noise. Sorry, but the rim size has zero to do with noise. The simple truth is Bridgestone does not compare to Michelin which should have been spec'd for the car instead of this horrible tire. I am stating this from first hand experience.

I will be replacing the Bridgestones with real tires next month.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Impala - only 2 changes ?