Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2015 Impala Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old December 5th, 2015, 5:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Impala Remote Start

I walked out this morning to a dead battery in my impala. Called on star and they came out and gave me a jump. All was good. Now when I use my on star app to start it says fail. It will lock doors and sound Horn but won't remote start. Also now when I walk up to car unlock door on handle then it will start on its own. Hasn't ever done that before but I did it 3 times and it started the car by pushing my unlock on door handle. And now it just remote started on its own in my garage. My keys are hanging on the hook and it started on its own in my garage. Has anyone else been thru this? If so how do I fix. Any help is appreciated.
Old December 8th, 2015, 11:52 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like it is executing a stored or a stuck command. I would go to the dealer, show them and have them look at it. The battery should not have died so you may have multiple issues going on there.