Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2016 Impala & Malibu

Old April 4th, 2016, 7:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Impala & Malibu

I was so excited about the new styling of the 2016 Impalas until I saw that they moved the gas fill door to the passengers side. Who is the idiot that came up with that idea? Can the US car manufacterers build a car without trying to be influenced by european cars. Putting the gas fill door on the opposite side not only congests gas stations, but in my opinion makes it unsafe for drivers, especially when alone. In europe many cars are designed with drivers on opposite side of car to US, making gas doors proper for that car. I personally thing that the US should make a standard for all cars to be fitted with gas door on drivers side.
Can anyone agree on this and move it along? Amagine a women at night in a gas station having to leave the car and walk around the other side to fuel - dumb!!!!!!:WTF:
Old April 4th, 2016, 10:54 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where I live (Michigan), gas pumps are have a right and left side, if all gas doors were on the left side, only one side of the pump would be used, there by causing more congestion at the gas station. Putting it all on the right will cause the same congestion ?. Some cars are right and some are left. So long as there is a good mix of right and left, then gas pump usage can be maximized. This has been going on for decades and you act as if it is something new. How hard is it to walk 6 ft to the passenger side ? Most all of Europe has Driver on left side just the same as USA, only United Kingdom and Japan are right hand drive, so I doubt that this is influenced by Europe. If you move them all to left side, gas stations will have to change. The best was in the old days when gas fill was in the rear, left or right did not matter, but crash testing has eliminated that. It really is not that big of a deal unless you live in an area that has only left sided gas pumps.

Last edited by blue-impala; April 4th, 2016 at 11:01 PM.

Search this Thread