Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

ACC feature

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2014, 7:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACC feature

I just bought a 2014 Impala LTZ2. How do I find out if it has the ACC feature. The steering wheel button does not have the cruise control with a car figure. Does this mean my vehicle does not have the feature. I tried to set the feature on a trip today on the interstate, and there didn't seem to be any "braking" when traveling too close. I had the Collision feature engaged, but nothing happened, other than a little car symbol appearing on the instrument pane. I didn't get any "significant" indication I was approaching too fast. I have a 2013 Equinox LTZ, and the collision detection "flashes" on the instrument pane.

Maybe i'm not setting it correctly.

I sure thought i was getting this feature with the comfort and convenience package. Somewhere, I read the feature was being "rolled in". Does that mean i maybe got an earlier build?

thanks
Old May 10th, 2014, 8:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mallsopp
I just bought a 2014 Impala LTZ2. How do I find out if it has the ACC feature. The steering wheel button does not have the cruise control with a car figure. Does this mean my vehicle does not have the feature. I tried to set the feature on a trip today on the interstate, and there didn't seem to be any "braking" when traveling too close. I had the Collision feature engaged, but nothing happened, other than a little car symbol appearing on the instrument pane. I didn't get any "significant" indication I was approaching too fast. I have a 2013 Equinox LTZ, and the collision detection "flashes" on the instrument pane.

Maybe i'm not setting it correctly.

I sure thought i was getting this feature with the comfort and convenience package. Somewhere, I read the feature was being "rolled in". Does that mean i maybe got an earlier build?

thanks
Do you have the window sticker? It's a pricey option.

It sounds as if you have the regular forward collision alert system which will flash the red lights on the window. There are 4 settings, off, 1, 2, 3.. which are distance based.

The build month/year should be on a sticker on the frame, between the driver side doors, on the bottom.

Go here, 2014 Impala Trims: LS, LT and LTZ Trims | Chevrolet , select standard and optional equipment, select 2 ltz, all features, then you'll see the adaptive cruise control is optional, but it does require the 20" wheels.
Old May 10th, 2014, 9:24 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello mallsopp,

We'd be happy to assist you with a build sheet for your vehicle. If you'd like our assistance please send us a private message with your VIN.

Andraya R. (assisting Erica)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 10th, 2014, 9:51 PM
CF Junior Member

The Impala with Adaptive Cruise & Collision Avoidance will have a distinctively different front grill than other Impalas as the active radar is housed in the grill. I doubt this option will be rolled in with the convenience package as there are a lot of people that do not want it and it is a $1695.00 option.
Attached Thumbnails ACC feature-2014-impala-adaptive-cruise.jpg   ACC feature-2014-impala.jpg  
Old May 12th, 2014, 8:04 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks to ALL who replied. I think it's obvious I have the standard Collision Alert. I'm not sure what to expect. I've turned on the Alert at the steering wheel. I went to my personalize settings and turned on the system there. When traveling the Interstate, I did some pretty dramatic tailgating, and didn't get the lights on the windshield. The only difference I noticed was a small "Green car symbol" on the instrument panel. Is there something else i need to set, or does anyone think I have an issue with the system?

Thanks again for all the information.
Old May 12th, 2014, 9:03 AM
CF Junior Member

It's not so much tailgating that will set off the alert, it is how fast you are approaching the car in front of you that seems to set it off. The small green car symbol will turn amber if you are following too close, and then the alert will go off if you get way too close or approaching the car in front too fast.
Old May 12th, 2014, 9:07 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Read the owners manual.

The green light means a car is detected ahead of you.