Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Any Suggestions-Flickering lights on 03 Impala

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2006, 10:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Suggestions-Flickering lights on 03 Impala

Greetings,
I was hoping somebody could help me out with an annoying problem that I am having with my 03 Impala LS with 38,000 miles on it. Once the car is driven for 5-10 miles, all of the lights flicker to the point where I have to turn the dash lights down so that it is not noticable. I have had the car back to the dealership 3 times & they can't find the problem. Hoping to find somebody that had this problem & has successfully had it fixed. I love the car, but I am at a point where is driving me nuts!!!!! Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old August 17th, 2006, 12:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any Suggestions-Flickering lights on 03 Impala

I have never heard tell of this on later model cars, but I know that this can happen on older cars- 70s and back and is usually due to a faulty voltage regulator, which is located in the engine compartment somewhere. I suppose the newer cars have them too, but I do not know. You can always check with auto parts stores and see if this car has one.