Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Bluetooth for 2010 Impala LT

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2012, 6:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bluetooth for 2010 Impala LT

I have just purchased a 2010 Impala LT with the OnStar mirror. I have pressed phone botton on the mirror and tried to get the voice command computer to respond to "Bluetooth" or "Pair" but it doesn't recognize thiose words. I have also tried holding the steering wheel button for 3 secend, but it responds the same way. Does Blutooth need to activated or is there a module that needs to be installed for Blutooth to work?
Old May 13th, 2012, 8:23 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yours probably doesn't have the Bluetooth for phone (UPF) option which is a hardware and software upgrade to the OnStar. Look for the SPID sticker on the glove compartment door or spare tire cover and see if code UPF is listed. It's practically impossible to retrofit it after the vehicle leaves the factory. Were you told that it had Bluetooth or did you assume? Caveat emptor.
Old May 15th, 2012, 8:29 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

RMorrow,
If you would like to get us the last 8 digits of your VIN, we could check to see if your vehicle is Bluetooth ready.
All the best,
Sarah (Assisting Louis)
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old May 16th, 2012, 1:31 PM
CF Beginner

Default Bluetooth for 2010 Impala LT

A1139538 are the last 8 digits.
Old May 17th, 2012, 8:23 AM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> RMorrow,

Thank you for providing the last 8 digits of your VIN number. I'm sorry, but your vehicle is not equipped with Bluetooth capability. I have PM'd your vehicle build sheet.

I encourage you to contact your local dealer for Bluetooth possibilities. Unfortunately, aftermarket equipment may be the only option to obtain the capability.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old May 18th, 2012, 6:49 AM
CF Beginner

So, you are saying "official GM Rep", that if I were to replace module 20833350 with module 20855549 and an antenna, I would not be able use my Bluetooth device with car's audio system?
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> RMorrow,

I'm sorry, but I am not a technician, therefore I cannot offer DIY advice. If the vehicle did not come with Bluetooth capability, it usually isn't wired for it. Therefore, the steering wheel controls may not work.

I encourage you to consult with a certified technician for additional information regarding installing equipment.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old September 9th, 2012, 8:25 AM
CF Beginner

Let me tell you now dude.... For the cost and headache of taking your imp to a dealer to have the new unit with Bluetooth capabilities installed, you're much better off buying and installing an aftermarket unit. Plus with an aftermarket unit, your music will sound way better. You can get a decent unit with Bluetooth capabilities for a couple hundred bucks. BUT you also have to make sure if you have steering wheel controls and want to keep that feature, that you buy the wiring harness for it. Also, the wiring harness required to keep the OnStar feature is approx $150, whereas the harness that does not keep that feature is only about 70-75 bucks. But even with all that included, you're still better off.... Any other questions, MSG me...
Old February 3rd, 2013, 1:08 PM
CF Beginner

my bluetooth button doesnt do anything. the sales guy told me it was equipped in the car but it just mutes I can provide my last 8 of my vin if someone can give me some insight thanks VIN A1135157
Old February 5th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by niceguy00
my bluetooth button doesnt do anything. the sales guy told me it was equipped in the car but it just mutes I can provide my last 8 of my vin if someone can give me some insight thanks VIN A1135157
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> niceguy00,

Thank you for providing the last 8-digits of your VIN. Based on the VIN provided, the vehicle does not have Bluetooth capability. This is a common occurrence in rental vehicle orders.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to PM me.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Quick Reply: Bluetooth for 2010 Impala LT