Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Bose® Centerpoint® Surround Sound Premium 11-Speaker System Specs?

Search this Thread

Old January 1st, 2014, 5:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose® Centerpoint® Surround Sound Premium 11-Speaker System Specs?

Hello,
Does anyone know where to find some specs on this system? Chevy's website doesn't list anything such as watts per channel and if it includes a sub. Bose's site doesn't show it all. Just wondering, because I have this system in my new Impala that I'm picking up tomorrow.
Old January 1st, 2014, 8:29 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jita1
Hello,
Does anyone know where to find some specs on this system? Chevy's website doesn't list anything such as watts per channel and if it includes a sub. Bose's site doesn't show it all. Just wondering, because I have this system in my new Impala that I'm picking up tomorrow.
Not really. businesswire article has most detail. I would suspect similar specs.

Bose | What's new | Automotive Systems Division
bose
Bose Introduces Two New Sound Systems for the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray | Business Wire
Old January 2nd, 2014, 9:01 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
Thanks! Sounds very promising. I won't be hearing it until tomorrow. My dealer has to get it from another dealer and we just had a snowstorm in Michigan.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 8:33 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jita1
Thanks! Sounds very promising. I won't be hearing it until tomorrow. My dealer has to get it from another dealer and we just had a snowstorm in Michigan.
I'm not much of an audiophile, but it's a nice system in the car.

I had to turn up the base and adjust the sound to the rear some, of course for channel XM52.
Old January 4th, 2014, 11:45 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
I'm not much of an audiophile, but it's a nice system in the car.

I had to turn up the base and adjust the sound to the rear some, of course for channel XM52.
Yep, XM52 is a good station to test the system out on...lol It does sound very good. I'm trying to locate the 11 speakers...LOL There's no sub (at least not in the trunk) but it has just the right balance, which I like because I listen to various different kinds of music. The car overall is fantastic. GM did a great job.
Old January 4th, 2014, 11:23 PM
CF Junior Member

Sound quality was definintly important to me and I had high hopes. My old career field had PA work involved in it for a while and I learned a bit about sound, but not enough to know what to look for in regards to car audio if I wanted to put a nice system in myself. I also had high expectations, because the Infinity Bose system in the G37s that my buddy has is very nice.
I am pleased with what is in the new Impala. I plan on putting it through the paces when I get back to the US; I have a ton of music lined up that I want to test on it. But I blasted quite a bit of stuff during the two days of driving I got in on mine. I definitely threw some bass-heavy music like some dubstep on to see how much the lights from cars behind me dance around in the mirrors as the vibrate. It meets my needs. It has good bass and still sounds good when turned up extremely loud, which is all I really want.
Old January 9th, 2014, 9:36 PM
CF Beginner

I have been looking for this information also. Don't know why it's hard to find. It anyone finds the specs please post them.
Old March 10th, 2014, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

Default Finally!

After searching online, and contacting Chevy Customer Service to no avail, I sent an e-mail to Bose and in two days flat, they sent me a brochure on the Impala's premium sound system. I tried to attach the PDF but it's too large to attach here so....

11 HIGH-PERFORMANCE SPEAKERS

1 Two 2.5-inch (60mm) Twiddler® mid/high-range speakers, one on each side of the instrument panel.
2 One 3.5-inch (90mm) mid/high-range speaker in the center of the instrument panel.
3 Two 6 x 9-inch (150 x 230mm) woofers, one in each front door.
4 Two 5.25-inch (130mm) wide-range speakers, one in each rear door.
5 Two 6 x 9-inch (150 x 230mm) woofers with two 2.5-inch (60mm) Twiddler mid/high-range speakers in an integrated assembly in the rear deck.
SYSTEM ELECTRONICS
6 A Bose digital amplifier mounted in the right side of the trunk, with 10 channels of custom equalization and digital signal processing

SYSTEM HIGHLIGHTS
CENTERPOINT SURROUND TECHNOLOGY – Centerpoint processing enables listeners to enjoy a surround sound experience from nearly any stereo source, including stereo CDs, MP3 CDs and satellite radio. Using a proprietary Bose algorithm, Centerpoint processing analyzes the stereo signal and converts it to multiple channels. As a result, Centerpoint allows for greater precision when reproducing the sound while simultaneously creating a wider and more spacious sound field. Listeners can hear each instrument as if it were positioned on stage at a live performance. It has been specifically engineered to meet the unique demands of reproducing surround sound in a vehicle.
SURROUNDSTAGE® SIGNAL PROCESSING CIRCUITRY – In a home theater setup, listeners generally arrange the speakers around the perimeter of the room. To get balanced sound, they sit right in the middle. But in a car, all seats are off-center, making it more challenging to deliver balanced surround sound to each listener. SurroundStage circuitry enables the delivery of a balanced 360-degree sound field to each seat. This helps compensate for off-center vehicle seating, so no matter where listeners sit, they feel as though they are in the middle of the music. As a result, all listeners in the vehicle can enjoy high-quality, balanced surround sound, whether they are seated on the left or right, in front or in back.
PROPRIETARY BOSE DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING – To raise system performance to an even higher standard, Bose engineers use proprietary digital signal processing and multiple channels of custom equalization to help tune the sound specifically for this vehicle.
As a result, the system reproduces music with clear, lifelike sound and natural timbre. The sound at each listener’s position is smooth and realistic. Music sounds full and detailed, speech sounds natural and the system can approach live performance levels without sounding distorted.

MULTIPLE BASS SOURCES – Reproducing music that is full and rich is challenging, even in a large room. In a high-performance vehicle, road, wind and engine noise present an even greater challenge. To deliver music with all its emotional power, multiple strategically placed bass sources provide low-frequency sound more evenly and deliver heightened musical impact.
Research data used with a detailed acoustic blueprint of this vehicle’s cabin helps the engineering team determine proper speaker type and placement. The result is more even low-frequency sound and music that has impact without overwhelming listeners.

ALTERNATE EQUALIZATION MODES – With the touch of a button, this proprietary Bose technology provides three distinct settings to deliver balanced sound for the driver’s seat, rear passengers or for all listeners in the vehicle. Bose engineers performed a detailed acoustic analysis of the vehicle cabin and used the resulting data to customize the system equalization so the sound stage is automatically repositioned for an optimal listening experience. Although behind the wheel, drivers can feel like they’re at the center of the music. When joined by passengers, the system is easily switched to either the rear seat or all-vehicle setting.