Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Cheapest insurance for a Chevy Imapala?

Search this Thread

Old December 3rd, 2013, 2:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheapest insurance for a Chevy Imapala?

I just bought a 2011 Chevrolet Imapala from a friend of mine

It's still sitting in my driveway as I've yet to get it insured

Who do you guys use? And what are your rates?

I'm looking for the cheapest possible insurance for it because this is my 3rd vehicle and I probably won't be driving it that much.

All help appreciated.
Old December 6th, 2013, 3:40 AM
CF Junior Member

I have always used USAA. I know that may not be an option for you, but just to give you an idea of what my rates are:
I am a couple days over 27, have only been driving for 6 years, have had a 99 Contour, a 99 Malibu, and now a 14 Impala. No accidents or anything to report to them. I'm currently rolling with full-coverage, have my wife on my insurance (who has only been driving in the US for a year-and-a-half or so but is older than me), and am paying ~$90/mo.

It was maybe $15 dollars less per month a couple months ago when it was just the 99 Malibu and the minimal storage rate for the Contour.

I don't think that is bad at all. Maybe someone else out there could provide cheaper coverage, but USAA treats me well enough and I don't think I will ever leave them.
Old December 7th, 2013, 7:22 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the USAA suggestion, but I dont think I'm qualified as I'm not a military family

I've been comparing rates for the past couple days. The cheapest I found was from 4autoinsurancequote.com for $45/month. They seem like a small company, though, so I have to do more research on them.

Arbella is also very cheap at $53/month and highly rated (if they offer them in your area.)
Old December 8th, 2013, 4:51 PM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Progressive is the cheapest I could find in a company with a big name.
Old December 9th, 2013, 10:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Geico?
Erie?
Gebco?

Too many variables to know...

Originally Posted by James Shaffer
Thanks for the USAA suggestion, but I dont think I'm qualified as I'm not a military family

I've been comparing rates for the past couple days. The cheapest I found was from 4autoinsurancequote.com for $45/month. They seem like a small company, though, so I have to do more research on them.

Arbella is also very cheap at $53/month and highly rated (if they offer them in your area.)