Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Cig Adapter and Tranny Halp!!

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2012, 12:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Cig Adapter and Tranny Halp!!

Hey everyone, I have a couple questions I was hoping the fine folks in this forum could address.

I own a 2005 Impala LS

1)I've taken my car into the dealer for the cigarette adapter socket, and they keep replacing fuses only for it to not work. the front one has never worked and the rear one on the center console seems to emit only partial power, enough to power the light on the chord, but not the device.
I purchased a new adapter today, and hope to install it, but can't figure out how to remove the socket from the blasted plastic trim...
Where do I start????

2)is it common for the transmission to be jumping and skipping from time to tiime, and then return to normal after a day for weeks of perfect use only to switch back to hard gear switching?? I had the dealer look at it, they told me the transmission pan was leaking or something, they fixed it, and it still has those same issues of intermittent hard shifting... what is this problem???

does it have anything to do with my wacked out speedometer that tells me I'm traveling 120mph in park? :P

Thanks for any help!!
Old January 25th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Douglas Ward,

I have researched 2005 Impala vehicles and there is currently no known issues relating to the problems you have described. If you would like, if you PM me your VIN number, I may be able to offer additional information.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service