Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Code P0102 - MAF Sensor Low Input

Search this Thread

Old March 13th, 2010, 2:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code P0102 - MAF Sensor Low Input

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some help. I have a 2001 Impala (3.4L) that started throwing a check engine light accompanied by a p0102 code a couple months ago. Realizing it wasn't serious, I decided to wait until the weather got better to try and repair it. Since its been nice outside the last few days, I picked up a replacement MAF from a local parts yard and installed it. After I cleared the code and restarted the engine, the check engine light and the code came back.

So...either I have a faulty MAF from the yard or something else is wrong - my guess is the latter. I'm assuming that a wire must be broken somewhere, but I have no electrical drawings for that circuit - can anyone provide one?

Also, I've checked the voltage between the orange and black wires on the connector and I have about 14.4V - which seems right, but I have no way to check the voltage on the yellow wire (which I assume is the output). Any ideas what to do next??? I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Shawn
Old March 13th, 2010, 2:57 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

you might try just cleaning it. parts stores carry a special spray cleaner that won't mess up the sensors. it could just be dirty.
Old March 14th, 2010, 2:04 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the input, but I don't think it's dirty. I've had it all apart and it looks really good. Plus, both my original sensor and the one from the yard are giving me a reading of 0.00V according to my OBD2 scanner.

I'd really like to get my hands on a wiring diagram so I can check if the output wire is broken. I recently had the head gaskets replaced and the problem showed up shortly after...so I'm concerned that the harness may have gotten damaged when the engine was dropped out.
Old May 17th, 2010, 2:47 PM
CF Beginner

Hi Shawn,

Were you able to track down your issue? I have a 99 Suburban throwing the 0102 and want to dig up as much info as possible before tossing new parts at it ;-)

Thanks!
Old May 17th, 2010, 3:10 PM
Impala Super Moderator

couple of things you can do are take a look at all the wires and make sure they are in good shape. You can also invest in a can of CRC MAF cleaner and carefully spray down the wires in the MAF and see if that makes a difference
Old May 19th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had traced down a code 0102 on a 98 GTP a few weeks ago. Turns out the wiring was damaged. Behind the filler neck for the radiator they pinched the wire so badly it was broken and throwing 2 Oxygen sensor codes and the low MAF voltage code.

I would start by tracing the wires from the maf through the loom and look for physical damage.