Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Color code ID

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2010, 7:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Color code ID

I have a 2009 Impala 3.5 LT and I want to add a spolier to it. But I'm having a real problem in finding the color code ID. All the sites that I have visted state the code is in either one of 3 places, Glove Box, Driver door, like where the tire pressure etc are, and the trunk.

Well after spending way to much time looking through these areas about 4 or 5 times, I looked 1 one more time and lifted the mat in the trunk where the spare tire is and found a label that stated (For service only) and a sticker with a bunch of numbers on it, but none with the straight foward code I'm looking for and they all start with a "WA" and since my car is "Red" there our 4 different codes to look for concerning the different types of Red.

Any help here in finding the hidden code for color, to bad they don't include it in the Vin # anymore (old school)?

I plan on taking a trip to the dealer today so they can show where that hidden code is. E-Bay has a real good price on spoliers (79 bucks painted to match the car plus shipping) All other sites I have been to want twice that amount and some not even painted. But I have to tell them the color code so they will send me the correct color spolier. I plan on getting the SS spolier, its looks a lot better then the standard spolier for the LT Impala and mount ups the same.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 2:13 PM
Impala Super Moderator

Last code in the trunk. Take a pic
Old May 4th, 2010, 5:37 AM
CF Beginner

You be's right! Took it down to the dealer yesterday and even they had a hard time finding it swearing it was in the glove box. Until I pointed out the info sticker in the trunk, then they said thats it!! Duh!!!
But thanks for the feedback.
Old May 5th, 2010, 1:14 PM
Impala Super Moderator

You got it.