Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Console Screen Flashes

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2015, 10:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Console Screen Flashes

Hi folks,

When I use the left steering wheel trigger buttons to change my favorite channels, the console screen (the one behind the steering wheel, if it's even called the console) flashes. Specifically, the word 'Favorites' flashes quickly when I press the button.

Does yours do this as well?

I'm driving the 2014 LTZ.

Thanks
Old May 15th, 2015, 10:46 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VacTacks11
Hi folks,

When I use the left steering wheel trigger buttons to change my favorite channels, the console screen (the one behind the steering wheel, if it's even called the console) flashes. Specifically, the word 'Favorites' flashes quickly when I press the button.

Does yours do this as well?

I'm driving the 2014 LTZ.

Thanks
Which channels are you using?

Is this AM/FM/HD FM?

Or are you changing XM channels?

I notice that it takes a little too long to pull in my XM channels, so by the time I see/hear what's playing - it's already out of the favorites menu, then I have to "double tap" again to get back into favorites and then to the next channel. But I can't say I've noticed clicking the button when in XM and seeing favorites pop up.
Old May 15th, 2015, 12:41 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
Which channels are you using?

Is this AM/FM/HD FM?

Or are you changing XM channels?

I notice that it takes a little too long to pull in my XM channels, so by the time I see/hear what's playing - it's already out of the favorites menu, then I have to "double tap" again to get back into favorites and then to the next channel. But I can't say I've noticed clicking the button when in XM and seeing favorites pop up.
In my Favorites I have 1 FM and about 14 XM stations, and it happens when I switch between any of them. Do a test today. Just cycle through and look at the word 'Favorites' in the console. See if it flashes when you press the trigger, then press it again to move up or down to select the next/previous favorite.
Old May 16th, 2015, 5:26 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by VacTacks11
In my Favorites I have 1 FM and about 14 XM stations, and it happens when I switch between any of them. Do a test today. Just cycle through and look at the word 'Favorites' in the console. See if it flashes when you press the trigger, then press it again to move up or down to select the next/previous favorite.
Negative. I saw no flashing or flickering or screen repaints.

It's called the DIC. (display information console or something).

I have a 2ltz with navigation.

Do I need to get a high speed camera to verify?
Old June 5th, 2015, 3:27 PM
CF Beginner

Update to this (in case someone else has this happen), there was an issue with the DIC. I guess the software version of my radio was out of date, or the DIC version was different than the radio version. I'm not sure, but either way, the dealer flashed the most up to date version and there's no longer a flicker.
Old June 5th, 2015, 4:53 PM
CF Veteran

Thanks for the update.

You joined here April 2014, so you've had your car over a year?

And it just started doing this? Or was this something you just recently noticed, etc?

Was was your build month/year.. (inside on frame rail inner between driver and rear door).