Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

DIC Issue 2014 Impala

Search this Thread

Old November 15th, 2013, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIC Issue 2014 Impala

I've called this an "issue" because you never know what software designers have in mind!

Anyway, I've noticed that certain displays in the INFO CENTER magically uncheck themselves and no longer appear unless I go to SETTINGS and re-checkmark them. The two that really like doing this are battery voltage and trip odometer "B". Has anyone else noticed that their desired INFO CENTER pages in the DIC suddenly no longer appear when scrolling the list?
Old November 15th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasM
I've called this an "issue" because you never know what software designers have in mind!

Anyway, I've noticed that certain displays in the INFO CENTER magically uncheck themselves and no longer appear unless I go to SETTINGS and re-checkmark them. The two that really like doing this are battery voltage and trip odometer "B". Has anyone else noticed that their desired INFO CENTER pages in the DIC suddenly no longer appear when scrolling the list?
Hello ThomasM,

I apologize for the malfunction you are experiencing with your DIC. I understand you are looking for advice from other forum members. However, if you would like to further discuss your concerns with us and have our assistance while working with your dealer, we are more than happy to help. Send us a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealer name. We look forward to hearing from you and working towards a resolution.

Sincerely,

Laura M. (assisting Erica Tiffany)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 15th, 2013, 6:00 PM
CF Beginner

I have had the same issue, well sort of. I have loss setting just not the same ones. It is very annoying and all customer service told me is it should not be happening. Please let me know if you find the answer.

Thanks,
James
Old November 17th, 2013, 3:46 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by jameslaz
I have had the same issue, well sort of. I have loss setting just not the same ones. It is very annoying and all customer service told me is it should not be happening. Please let me know if you find the answer.

Thanks,
James
Hi James,

I'm sorry for the frustration this issue has caused you, and apologize that this has not been resolved yet. If you would like for us to look more into your case, please private message us your name, VIN and contact information.

Thank you,

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 17th, 2013, 7:21 PM
Banned

Same on ours.
Old November 27th, 2013, 11:14 AM
CF Beginner

Have had my 2014 Impala a month and no problems with the DIC. Hopefully it is easily fixed for you all.
Old February 17th, 2014, 9:17 PM
CF Beginner

Thomas M, I have had the exact same thing, happened to me 4 or 5 times in 3 months now. It seems it is going back to factory defaults or something. Told my dealer about it just a couple days ago, no answers yet. Also noticed that I had turned OFF average speed, and it turns itself back on.
Old February 20th, 2014, 11:34 AM
CF Beginner

I said a while ago that I wasn't having this issue. NOW I am, for the last month or so. Battery reading turns itself off constantly and I have to reselect it. Very annoying when I want to do a quick check in the cold weather we have been having.
Old March 25th, 2014, 10:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Thread's aging. Any updates on these issues?
Old March 25th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Official GM Rep

Hi 56_kruiser,

Are you experiencing this concern as well? I will be glad to look further into this for you. Please send a private message referencing your concern if any extra assistance is needed. Thank you.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: DIC Issue 2014 Impala