Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

do you have this sudden stop then no power to go situation?

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2014, 10:37 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do you have this sudden stop then no power to go situation?

this has already been to the dealer per my other thread but this just happened again so i was wondering if you have it too.

i was at a very long light and distracted so missed that it turned green. saw the car in front ahead of me so mashed it to catch up. then he stopped. so i did a hard stop. but by the time i got to him he already was accelerating away so i went to step on it again and NOTHING! zero. it was like THREE seconds or even more. I was panicked about the people behind me though they were stopped so i guess no danger but still...

I thougth it stalled, i reached to put it in P to restart it then somehow it kicked in or i felt it or something. i dont even remember. then i was on my merry way.

i should just take it to a lot and test this out but they said it's torque management and i hate it! when you floor it, you shouldnt have to wait many seconds for this to kick in. its unexcusable. thankfully its rare to actually need the full power in a situation like this after sudden stop but 1st time it happened it scared me.
Old May 30th, 2014, 11:02 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need an in the car cam filming.

I recommend attaching a mobius cam next to the passenger headrest to film the inside of your car also.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 8:59 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was swapping lanes and stepped on it a little bit but not full throttle or anything. definitely did feel like a lag in kicking in.. under a second maybe. definitely not like by wire.