Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Drivers Power Window will not go up!

Search this Thread

Old August 29th, 2014, 8:44 PM
rdc
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Drivers Power Window will not go up!

This afternoon my wife lowered the window with no apparent problem. The window will not go back up and I can hear the motor running. Took off the door panel. Can pull the window up about half way but window falls back down. Do not see anything obviously wrong. I have no idea what the lift mecanism looks like. Anny help will be appreciated.
Old August 29th, 2014, 8:55 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rdc
This afternoon my wife lowered the window with no apparent problem. The window will not go back up and I can hear the motor running. Took off the door panel. Can pull the window up about half way but window falls back down. Do not see anything obviously wrong. I have no idea what the lift mecanism looks like. Anny help will be appreciated.
What year?

How about a picture or if possible?

Here's for 2006 model. There are youtube videos about this stuff.

https://www.google.com/search?q=2006...ndow+regulator
Old August 29th, 2014, 9:31 PM
rdc
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2002 I just looked at a Youtube video for replacing the window regulator and motor. Good possibility that is it.

Old August 31st, 2014, 8:12 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If the motor is running, then you more than likely either have a bad window regulator or a stripped gear in the motor. At least it doesn't sound like it is electrical. If you say you can pull the window 1/2 way up, my vote is that the regulator is bad. If you take the inner door panel off, you should be able to see what is going on.
Old August 31st, 2014, 3:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a similar problem on my chevy truck. Window would not go down. I had power but no motion. Took off the door panel and tapped the motor and, it started to work. If that does not work, check the power going into the motor (connection at the motor) before you decide to change the motor/regulator. I've changed them and they are not fun to do.