Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

engine missing

Search this Thread

Old October 3rd, 2015, 10:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine missing

Hi, my 2010 Impala has a persistent problem. there is a "bump" as if the engine is missing. At idle, when it happens, the RPM's drop about 50. Again, it could go a week with nothing. In the beginning, it was when the car was under higher torque.

I had the throttle body fully cleaned but no change.

Any ideas?

Thanks

russell
Old October 4th, 2015, 9:33 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Russell, welcome to the forum. have you had your car scanned to see if there are any error codes? Any trouble lights/codes on the instrument panel?
Old October 4th, 2015, 9:52 PM
CF Beginner

yes, no codes, no lights
Old October 6th, 2015, 11:53 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When I was getting a miss on my 2001 Impala, I had a couple things gong on. I replaced the plugs and wires first thing. The miss continued randomly but only when warm. The ignition module found beneath the coil packs was the culprit, but I was also getting misfile trouble codes for 2 cylinders. My 2002 Tahoe had a misfire that appeared only under heavy acceleration or load and be accompanied by a misfire trouble code for cylinder 4. A replacement fuel injector took care of that one.
Old October 6th, 2015, 1:10 PM
CF Beginner

thanks