Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Entertainment System Froze

Search this Thread

Old January 26th, 2016, 11:38 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Entertainment System Froze

I had to run to a town meeting the other night. On the way there, the radio ran fine with no problems and I also was listening to songs from a memory card. After the meeting, on my way home when I tried to play the radio, it was sort of stuck or frozen displaying a local FM radio station and frequency with no sound. I hit the radio button, and was able to hear a station on AM and then station 1 on XM. When I hit it again, it was back to FM at the same FM station with no sound. I tried to change the frequency but it was stuck and would not change channels. I then tried to play some music from the memory card. It acted as if there wasn't even a memory card in the slot. The next morning, it was running fine. Is this a sign of impending failure?