Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Everything went FUBAR!

Old June 17th, 2013, 10:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everything went FUBAR!

Hello,

I have a '01 Impala and I have the most annoying problem. I left the country for a month to attend some business meeting overseas, and ever since I got back, my car is driving me up the wall.

I've searched forums and the internet for a possible solution, but so far I've managed to find was more people with similar problems and no solutions.

In any case, it all started with the radio. At first, radio would stop playing every few seconds for a few seconds. I thought it was just something going screwy with the antenna but I was obviously wrong. A few days later, everything started going funky.

At this point I would like to point out that my car starts fine, I have zero problems starting it. The engine runs well, but the electronics are all messed up.

My gauges won't move. The dash will illuminate itself, but all the gauges will be still. All the security lights will come on (Fuel Low, Security, Service Engine Soon, etc). The shift indicator will disappear, and the radio gets reception (the info text works fine) but the sound won't be there.

Sometimes, the problem will fix itself while driving (everything is off for about 10 minutes, then it would start working and dying and working and dying. Sometimes it will stay working until I turn the car off. Other times it will never work. Radio stopped working altogether (I still get reception, but there is no sound coming out of the speakers). This is an inconvenience because I can't tell how fast I am going or how much fuel I have left.

Help will be appreciated.
Old June 18th, 2013, 1:01 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like something in one of the wiring harnesses or the PCM. IMHO, and I know you probably wouldn't want to spend the duckies, but you might need to just bite the bullet and take it to a reputable dealership.