Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

FACTORY HEAD UNIT - Installation/Wiring Diagram Questions

Search this Thread

Old March 4th, 2015, 4:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 LT FACTORY STEREO - Installation/Wiring Diagram Questions

So, I bought this and the stereo was shot which they replaced no problem. I was looking at Amplifiers and procedures of install.

Sooo... I started messing with my settings and realized that the door panel speakers and the rear speakers are both "Rear" in Fade settings. The only thing that plays when fully faded to Front is the tweeters. Now, I have installed lots of amps on other cars; however, not ones that seem so touchy as the procedures of this car.

I went looking for wiring diagrams on this and am only seeing Front Left/Right, no tweeters at all. So my question is the wiring harness set to have all speakers as Rear? I would assume Front would include tweeters, but I just want to make sure before I pop it out and start just resetting wires in the harness.

I am pretty positive having the door panels and the rear speakers on the same connections is sharing power between the two rather than dedicating power separately, which would make no sense at all...?

Last edited by Peptobismal; March 4th, 2015 at 4:59 PM. Reason: Title