Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

Finally a cheap passlock fix!

Search this Thread

Old January 16th, 2016, 6:23 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mobileinstaller
ok first off changing the ignition switch and tumblers will do absolutely nothing sorry if you have already done this. there are three main components to the passlock II system the passlock sensor, the BCM, and the Ecm and of course the wiring in between. Odds are if this keeps happening and there is no other problems such as door locks freaking out trunk release just goin off then it's not the bcm if you do the relearn feature and it works the it is also not the Ecm. so you are left with the 3 wires that run from the bcm to the passlock sensor.odds are the passlock sensor is bad. now there are two solutions either go to the dealer and have the sensor replaced or bypass the system for good. any respectable mobile electonics installer should be able to do this no problem it takes me about 20 mins and i personally charge 40 dollars to do so hope this helps also if you are mechanically inclined in electronics i can send a diagram on how to bypass it yourself hope this all helps
Hey contact me ill pay for your information stevenphillips089@gmail.com 314 359 92 60
Old January 30th, 2016, 7:04 PM
CF Beginner

Default Yes diagram please

[U][U][/[QUOTE=mobileinstaller;133910]ok first off changing the ignition switch and tumblers will do absolutely nothing sorry if you have already done this. there are three main components to the passlock II system the passlock sensor, the BCM, and the Ecm and of course the wiring in between. Odds are Sorry can't figure where I'm suppose to type at. I really need a diagram please
]

Last edited by Mcoon; January 30th, 2016 at 7:05 PM. Reason: Not sure where I'm suppose to put text
Old January 30th, 2016, 7:06 PM
CF Beginner

Default Help need diagram

[QUOTE=Mcoon;315836][U][U][/
ok first off changing the ignition switch and tumblers will do absolutely nothing sorry if you have already done this. there are three main components to the passlock II system the passlock sensor, the BCM, and the Ecm and of course the wiring in between. Odds are Sorry can't figure where I'm suppose to type at. I really need a diagram please
]
Old February 27th, 2016, 9:34 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2004 Impala won't start

OK Fuel Pump changed wire harness changed ran great for 3 weeks now back to the same problem will not start...Key does not have a chip As I am reading what in the world is going on with these vehicles...someone please help this is getting ridiculous and expensive All work done by our mechanic....I keep seeing this pass lock issue well as far as I know there is not warning light unless I do not know where it is...the engine light stays on though...Why is GM not seeing a real issue with these and doing a recall actually had a recall for the key and all they did was grind on the key on both sides well that allows the key to come out before it is turned off running the battery down...now using a key that was not altered and it works fine...
Old March 25th, 2016, 4:22 PM
CF Beginner

Default Wire bypass

ok first off changing the ignition switch and tumblers will do absolutely nothing sorry if you have already done this. there are three main components to the passlock II system the passlock sensor, the BCM, and the Ecm and of course the wiring in between. Odds are if this keeps happening and there is no other problems such as door locks freaking out trunk release just goin off then it's not the bcm if you do the relearn feature and it works the it is also not the Ecm. so you are left with the 3 wires that run from the bcm to the passlock sensor.odds are the passlock sensor is bad. now there are two solutions either go to the dealer and have the sensor replaced or bypass the system for good. any respectable mobile electonics installer should be able to do this no problem it takes me about 20 mins and i personally charge 40 dollars to do so hope this helps also if you are mechanically inclined in electronics i can send a diagram on how to bypass it yourself hope this all helps
. Please send me the diagram Brian@midatlanticmobile.com
Old April 16th, 2016, 2:04 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2001 savana 3500 the fuel pump,ignition switch, lock cylinder case have all been replaced. Fuel preasure tested also purchased New Rockies bypass not starting problem still exists. After talking out the bypass I still had the tdm/passlock module still unplugged I tried to start it and it starts and runs great. I'm at a total loss as to how this is possible.
Old April 28th, 2016, 8:04 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by chevyp2p
Hell guys I have a problem similar to the one you are describing. The truck starts up but then dies after a second or so, however I don't get any flashing security light.

I have replaced the passlock module and did a relearn as recommended in alldata, but that did not solve the problem.

Could be this a passlock problem or should i start looking somewhere else in the truck?

Thank You.
If your truck is starting it is not a passlock problem look elsewhere cause the passlock stops everything mechanical it wont turn over nor will it engage.
Old April 28th, 2016, 11:37 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Quinton Morgan
If your truck is starting it is not a passlock problem look elsewhere cause the passlock stops everything mechanical it wont turn over nor will it engage.
chevyp2p posted that 6 years ago and hasn't been on here since, probably got a newer vehicle. Of course most of the posters in this "passlock" thread never had a passlock problem including the OP.

Welcome to the forum!
Old May 14th, 2016, 2:32 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2001 tahoe

I have the same issues and have done all the resets I have seen could you please send me instructions on how to remove ignition switch and clean contacts or any wiring diagrams to repair or bypass this crazy thing I do not need it and all it is to me is trouble! Thank you
Originally Posted by jondoe28
UPDATE: Did the below fix almost a year. Started acting up again about a month ago. Security light always coming, have to wait 10 minutes for passlock reset (almost every day). Had the below fix done again about a thousand miles ago. Works absolutely perfect again. No securit light, starts every time. My mechanic showed me the contacts, and they were badly burned again. He took a dremel with a brush and cleaned them like brand new. I think the problem is GM using inferior metals. Also had to fix my service traction control by cleaning the contacts by the wheels, more than once. Hope this helps someone else, sure has helped me.
Old May 19th, 2016, 10:21 PM
CF Beginner

Default 06 Silverado

Originally Posted by jondoe28
I'm happy things work normal now. I've been using my remote starter for 2years because
i kept getting passlocked out, and having the security on when i drive probably 75% of the time. What you're saying is the key switch has nothing to do with the passlock system at all?
Quick question i keep getting passlocked out by installing a remote start would that fix the problem?

Quick Reply: Finally a cheap passlock fix!