Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

Finally a cheap passlock fix!

Old February 7th, 2012, 6:36 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"The dealer wanted to charge me $1000 just for the parts," bull****. Do you work for newrockies-dot-com or something?
Old February 8th, 2012, 10:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ah awaiting for the insults from MR GoodShaft aka Sean. It will be a LONGTIMe before I ever buy a GM product again w/this type of poor customer service on widespread problem.
Old February 8th, 2012, 11:38 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude, everything wears out, everything mechanical, electric, electronic. These things are engineered for a finite life cycle. No automobile manufacturer can give out a lifetime warranty without charging an order of magnitude more up-front.
Old February 9th, 2012, 8:52 PM
CF Beginner

gotta chime in now...been observing these posts for quite some time and even further research on this. I've got to go along with the ignition module issue. I had pulled it, cleaned the contacts, and even gave them a little bend for better contact. I did this last summer and SO FAR (knock on wood) it has been okay. I do wait for the security light to go out before I turn the key for cranking. I do think I'm going to need to clean and rebend a bit soon. I'm also going to install the bypass resistor theory once the weather gets warm.

Still don't understand why a petition or civil lawsuit hasn't been pushed against this issue. Seems like an awful lot of GM owners are encountering this dangerous issue. Especially if the vehicle shuts down mid operation.

Last edited by Bdog19; February 9th, 2012 at 9:07 PM.
Old March 18th, 2012, 9:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default Alright Boys...I need help.

Can you send me that diagram you were talking about. I have tried and tried to do the relearn with absolutely no luck. Would like to check the connections in the ignition before this single mom with zero child support goes to a dealer and blows a ton of money trying to fix this car. DESPERATE!

raynabelle@hotmail.com
Old March 24th, 2012, 9:51 PM
CF Beginner

Default How do i program a new ignition switch??

Just installed a new AC Delco ignition switch & cylinder for my 1996 Chevy Camaro Z28. Now just need to know how to program it. Original key had chip in it, this one does not.
Old March 29th, 2012, 12:57 PM
CF Beginner

help dmcmi789012@aol.com Take your ignition switch out info secrity
Old April 2nd, 2012, 5:13 PM
CF Beginner

It would be great if you can email the pass lock instructions, My 03 Impala has been having the no start problem for a few years off and on. My wife will not drive it anymore. masam302@yahoo.com
Thanks
Old April 14th, 2012, 10:48 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Originally Posted by crabapple1951
I am having the same problem with 2002 Impala 3.4 L. Would you mind sending me the procedure for removing switch and cleaning contacts. Autozone repair guide shows procedure on removing one from steering column but 2002 Impala is on the dash so did not want to try using their instructions. Also do you need to relearn BCM module when doing this? Thanks for your help. My email is dkfm@hotmail.com
Joe,

Having the same problem with a 2004 Impala. Could you please send me the instructions also.

I have another problem...are you having any problems with your power windows not working? All I get is a buzzing sound. My mechanic reinstalled the power switches but it still did not work. He said I have input but no output. Apparently this is an electrical problem but there are 400 and some electrical wires. Maybe a burned out ground wire.
Old April 14th, 2012, 10:52 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Originally Posted by crabapple1951
I am having the same problem with 2002 Impala 3.4 L. Would you mind sending me the procedure for removing switch and cleaning contacts. Autozone repair guide shows procedure on removing one from steering column but 2002 Impala is on the dash so did not want to try using their instructions. Also do you need to relearn BCM module when doing this? Thanks for your help. My email is dkfm@hotmail.com
Joe,

Having the same problem with a 2004 Impala. Could you please send me the instructions also.

I have another problem...are you having any problems with your power windows not working? All I get is a buzzing sound. My mechanic reinstalled the power switches but it still did not work. He said I have input but no output. Apparently this is an electrical problem but there are 400 and some electrical wires. Maybe a burned out ground wire.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally a cheap passlock fix!