Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Finally! a recall on the traction control,stabilitrack, throttle shut down problem!!

Search this Thread

Old July 26th, 2015, 10:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impala 2011

I have an Impala '11 and I'm experiencing the same thing. It's showing service stabilitrak, and also while I'm driving, it will all of a,sudden decelerate on its own, which is very scary when your on the highway. It then shows on the notification screen reduced engine power, disabled throttle, and the engine completely turns off, the power steering goes out. I had to pull off the side of the highway onetime on my way to work and let it sit for a few min b4 it would let me start it again. Needless to say I want this fixed. I haven't rec a letter about it yet. Can anyone help please.
Old July 27th, 2015, 8:58 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Pala11
I have an Impala '11 and I'm experiencing the same thing. It's showing service stabilitrak, and also while I'm driving, it will all of a,sudden decelerate on its own, which is very scary when your on the highway. It then shows on the notification screen reduced engine power, disabled throttle, and the engine completely turns off, the power steering goes out. I had to pull off the side of the highway onetime on my way to work and let it sit for a few min b4 it would let me start it again. Needless to say I want this fixed. I haven't rec a letter about it yet. Can anyone help please.
Hi Pala11,

We would be more than happy to help the best way possible! We truly apologize for the recent concerns, and can certainly look into this more for you. Please send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contract information and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
The following users liked this post:
MJSabio (March 30th, 2023)
Old September 5th, 2015, 5:45 AM
CF Beginner

I am experiencing this same issue on my 2008 Impala. How do I get the recall service work done?
Old November 24th, 2015, 8:22 AM
CF Beginner

Default engine shut down

Can you check my vin to see if theyre any recalls
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
We've just responded to your private message, jaltongallo. We look forward to speaking with you more about your 2007 Impala.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old December 6th, 2015, 1:15 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi Pala11,

We would be more than happy to help the best way possible! We truly apologize for the recent concerns, and can certainly look into this more for you. Please send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contract information and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
I have a 2010 Chevrolet Impala LT that I just bought used a week ago and this same issue just happened to me.
Old December 6th, 2015, 1:17 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by JimK
Finally, I received a recall letter today from Chevy on the Service Traction Control, Service Stabilitrack, Engine power reduced problem. They claim it's a bad solder connection. They are offering to reimburse if you already had repairs done. They're also giving extended protection for 10 yrs./120,000 miles.
So, watch for your letter. If you don't get one, the return address on mine is
Chevrolet
P.O. Box 909989
Milwaukee, WI 53209-9989

My car is a 2010 Impala
Where can I go to check the recall for this? I have the same car
Old January 31st, 2016, 5:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default Recall Information

Can somebody please message me directly regarding the parameters surrounding this very issue with my 2008 Impala.
Old January 31st, 2016, 7:10 PM
CF Veteran

call the dealer with your VIN number they'll tell you if it applies or not
Old February 1st, 2016, 3:15 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Chandlert89
Can somebody please message me directly regarding the parameters surrounding this very issue with my 2008 Impala.
Hello Chandlert89,*

We are sorry to hear that you are currently experiencing vehicle concerns would be glad to look into this for you. You will receive a private message from us soon!**

Best,*
Cecil J.*
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old February 12th, 2016, 5:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default Ok i'm Confused

So I've been having the stabilitrak shutdown issue on my Tahoe the past couple of months. I go to the dealership to find out that either the throttle body needs to be cleaned or replaced and of course per my MPP warranty it isn't covered. They expected me to pay over $650 to get it repaired but, then I see here that it was a recall.

This is insane to believe that I bought my truck at the end of 2014 and it's now 2016 and I see it was a recall on the issue. Now I have my truck sitting in the front yard and I can't get around due to the company's issue.

Quick Reply: Finally! a recall on the traction control,stabilitrack, throttle shut down problem!!