Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Finally! a recall on the traction control,stabilitrack, throttle shut down problem!!

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2016, 11:30 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the recall may not cover it depending on the vehicle
Old February 14th, 2016, 6:11 AM
CF Beginner

Default Need help tps

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello Jennifer,

We would be happy to look into this further, and see if your CTS has any open recalls. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN and current mileage. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
How to send private message
Old February 15th, 2016, 5:08 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Beatty Tymeless
How to send private message
When you are logged in, click on the little icon with the star under the user name of the person you want to send a PM to and a menu will appear. There is an option on the menu for sending them a PM and you just click on it.

Or in the upper right where the little box you use to log in is at, under your user name is a link for "Private Messages". If you know the name you want to send a PM to you can go to that page and then scroll down a little and on the left hand side you will see a bunch of options including "Send New Message".
Old March 2nd, 2016, 4:54 PM
CF Beginner

Exclamation Same problem as Jimk

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi JimK,

Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, JimK. If needed we'll gladly go over any details concerning recalls for your vehicle.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
How is it that some got a recall fire this issue when others have not. I have been having this problem for a long time I have replaced the throttle body twice already, and still having problems I have been going 60+ MPh on the highway and the vehicle just shuts down locking up the steering. Extremely dangerous, it's only getting worse. GM needs to do something fast before I file a class action lawsuit!
Old March 2nd, 2016, 7:11 PM
CF Veteran

if you read the mountain of information available I'm sure you could find the answer to that question
Old March 2nd, 2016, 8:52 PM
CF Beginner

No offense but if I wanted to sift through a bunch of posts to find the answer I would have. I feel this is something that should be addressed to the public. Not just as responses to individuals.
Old March 3rd, 2016, 7:55 PM
CF Veteran

ok i'll sum it up for you...theres not one fix. The reduced power mode along with any and all warning indicator lights can be set off by 100s if not 1000s of different issues. You can't recall something for every single car out there if the issue isn't the same.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 5:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default Our 2013 Impala has the same problem

Over the last week we have been getting notifications on the DIC saying 'Service Stabilitrak' and the traction control sensor light comes on. The vehicle has been operating normally, no issues with low power mode but we certainly want to avoid any such event.
Old March 23rd, 2016, 7:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engine power reduced/service stabilitrak/service traction control warnings

I received these warnings this week and took it to my local shop. They told me it was a GM repair issue with the accelerator pedal position sensor that would be done for free, but it would have to be done by a dealership. I still had to pay them over $200 in diagnostic fees. The dealership is out of loaners, so now I can't work this weekend on top of it all. No bus service out here, and cabs are wicked expensive after putting out that kind of money.

Seeing as how this is obviously a known issue, maybe GM can reimburse those of us who have paid this money out of pocket? Seems like a fair trade for folks like me who have been loyal Chevy customers for decades...
The following users liked this post:
SweetC (January 15th, 2023)
Old March 23rd, 2016, 7:51 PM
CF Veteran

i'd have to look it over again but usually special coverages have a section to fill out for reimbursement if the repair has been done previously

Quick Reply: Finally! a recall on the traction control,stabilitrack, throttle shut down problem!!