Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Finally! a recall on the traction control,stabilitrack, throttle shut down problem!!

Old March 24th, 2016, 8:23 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mirkat824
I received these warnings this week and took it to my local shop. They told me it was a GM repair issue with the accelerator pedal position sensor that would be done for free, but it would have to be done by a dealership. I still had to pay them over $200 in diagnostic fees. The dealership is out of loaners, so now I can't work this weekend on top of it all. No bus service out here, and cabs are wicked expensive after putting out that kind of money.

Seeing as how this is obviously a known issue, maybe GM can reimburse those of us who have paid this money out of pocket? Seems like a fair trade for folks like me who have been loyal Chevy customers for decades...
Your continued loyalty to our brand is important to us, mirkat824. I apologize for the inconvenience you’ve experienced with your vehicle and do understand how challenging out of pocket costs can be. If you’d like, we can certainly get in touch with the involved dealership to provide an additional layer of assistance. If this interests you, you’re more than welcome to send us a private message. Be sure to include your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership when sending your inquiry.

Have a great day!

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 24th, 2016, 10:39 AM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by Mach Speed
Over the last week we have been getting notifications on the DIC saying 'Service Stabilitrak' and the traction control sensor light comes on. The vehicle has been operating normally, no issues with low power mode but we certainly want to avoid any such event.
Hey Mach Speed,

Your local certified Chevrolet dealership would be more than happy to diagnose your concerns for you. If you need any help locating a dealership or scheduling an appointment, please feel free to send us a private message. We are always happy to help.

Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old April 6th, 2016, 3:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impala just today started with check engine and the same messages

VIN 2G1WB5EK8B1257726
77100 miles
Old April 6th, 2016, 5:28 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by jnino944
VIN 2G1WB5EK8B1257726
77100 miles
Good luck. Got a .message from Chevrolet via this forum. They said that such recalls are on a vehicle by vehicle basis. Guess my car didn't make the cut.
Old April 8th, 2016, 3:42 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by jnino944
VIN 2G1WB5EK8B1257726
77100 miles
Thank you for providing this information,jnino944. Are you in need of assistance? Please feel free to send us an inquiry within a private message. We're happy to help in the best way possible. For your privacy, we also recommend deleting your VIN from this public thread.

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 29th, 2016, 2:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem on my 2007 Impala LTZ. But my problem was my fault. I put a breather cap on the oil cap on valve cover. This caused a vacuum leak and set three trouble codes,service traction control, transmission shifting hard and lean condition on left bank. I had the cap on for 10 days, while working a Ford shutdown in Louisville. When I finally fixed the problem I was parked at Ford Kentucky Plant, getting off work at 6 am in a light rain. I raise the hood removed the cap and replaced it with the stock cap. I also removed two fuses from the ECM for 30 seconds to clear the codes and reboot the computer. I started the car and got on I-65 and drove 70 to 90 mph for several miles. The car was perfect, no codes. Computer controlled cars DO NOT LIKE VACUUM LEAKS. Just like in the old days check all vacuum hoses.

Recently I found the vacuum hose from the engine to the power brakes booster was loose. I tighten the connection and the brakes feel a lot better. There is a brass connection threaded into the intake manifold that the hose slips on to. The brass nipple was loose, turned it three full turns.
Old July 23rd, 2016, 7:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default Recall for 07 Impala?

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi Pala11,

We would be more than happy to help the best way possible! We truly apologize for the recent concerns, and can certainly look into this more for you. Please send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contract information and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
I am experiencing the same issues with my 2007 Impala. Is there a recall on the traction control/engine power reduced issue for my vehicle. VIN:2G1WT58K779330344
Mileage: 274843. Contact: Chris Paulk
620 Sorrell Chapel Loop
Dyersburg, Tn 38024
Phone: 7316767754 or 7316760536
Preferred dealer: Delta Chevrolet in Dyersburg TN.

Thanks
Chris and Kasey Paulk
Old July 24th, 2016, 9:31 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by JimK
Finally, I received a recall letter today from Chevy on the Service Traction Control, Service Stabilitrack, Engine power reduced problem. They claim it's a bad solder connection. They are offering to reimburse if you already had repairs done. They're also giving extended protection for 10 yrs./120,000 miles.
So, watch for your letter. If you don't get one, the return address on mine is
Chevrolet
P.O. Box 909989
Milwaukee, WI 53209-9989

My car is a 2010 Impala
I am having multiple issues with reduced engine power/ traction & stabilatrack warning sensors on my 2011 Chevy Malibu. I paid $400.00 to have the accelerator pedal assembly replaced. I picked up my car on a Friday and left that day for a one week vacation. My daughter drives this car to work 6 miles round trip. Within 2 weeks my daughter experienced reduced engine power with the same warning sensors while driving 50 miles per hour on the highway. I brought the car to a independent mechanic and he advised me the code was P2138, the same code listed on my repair invoice from the dealer. I called dealership to make an appointment and was advised next appointment was in 3 weeks. I was rather upset since this is obviously a major safety issue and I had already paid to have the car repaired. I was told that this second occurrence was a new problem and the throttle body had to be replaced at a cost of $700.00. This sure sounds like the same issue I have been reading about on this forum. How can I find out if my model and year are included in the recall? I am very upset and the service manger was very unreasonable, insisting it was an entirely different repair. Thank you in advance for any information that will help me resolve this.
Old August 2nd, 2016, 4:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default I never received notice

Hello, I never received notice, and was thinking about this today. We had the car in the shop and had to have the whole accelerator replaced because of it. The technician said he'd seen a ton of vehicles just like ours and to hang on to our receipt, because he was sure there would be something happening. Well I still have it.
Old August 3rd, 2016, 11:51 PM
Sym
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi JimK,

Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, JimK. If needed we'll gladly go over any details concerning recalls for your vehicle.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I have a 2011 Impala a few weeks ago it started jerking really bad and the message service stabilitrack n reduce engine power came on . I called Carl Cannon and was told that it was under warranty for my throttle . Took it there to get serviced the throttle was replaced and I was told that that's what codes we're popping up on my check engine light and everything was good to go. Before I even left the lot my car shut off I took drove it back and was told it due to it being dirty where throttle body was located :/ and that it make take driving it a few miles for the system to readjust. I drove it out about 30 mins it drove the same as before the throttle body was replaced if not worse. I took it back this morning and was told its my transmission. My question is how did it go from that to that? My car is cutting off in the middle of traffic how could a transmission do that? When I was leaving for work my car shut off in traffic when I tried to accelerate from a red light usually I crank it right back up and it will go well tonite it wouldn't. A guy pulled over I told him everything he just happen to be a mechanic he says its definitely not my transmission. Told me to cut my car off and open my driver door and turn my car back on I did that and what do you know it drove! He said it take 3 driving cycles for the car to adjust but I've drove it way more than 3 times and the car is still driving weird but I did make it home. What should I do? He told me to take it back to Carl cannon but if they're saying its transmission what's the point? Clearly it's not the transmission

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally! a recall on the traction control,stabilitrack, throttle shut down problem!!