Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

GM Impala just shut down!!!! 😭😭😭😭

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2016, 6:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM Impala just shut down!!!! 😭😭😭😭

currently sitting on the side of the road with my 3 year old daughter. Service Traction control Light came on, the engine power reduced, then something about disabling a throttle sensor... My car shut COMPLETELY down, leaving me to coast across 4 lanes of traffic on interstate 94 (with a locked steering wheel) I've owned this 2008 Impala for just about a year... I don't know WHAT to do... I pressed my OnStar button and I'm waiting on a tow truck but... WHAT NOW!?! Is there a "recall" for this problem? What is the problem?

I don't even feel comfortable driving my car anymore... This is a death trap!
Old March 24th, 2016, 2:53 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Anr1985
currently sitting on the side of the road with my 3 year old daughter. Service Traction control Light came on, the engine power reduced, then something about disabling a throttle sensor... My car shut COMPLETELY down, leaving me to coast across 4 lanes of traffic on interstate 94 (with a locked steering wheel) I've owned this 2008 Impala for just about a year... I don't know WHAT to do... I pressed my OnStar button and I'm waiting on a tow truck but... WHAT NOW!?! Is there a "recall" for this problem? What is the problem?

Anr1985,

I regret to hear this and apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please know that your safety is top priority to GM.
I would be more than happy to check my system for any open recalls associated with your VIN. If you would like to proceed, please send a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Feel free to include any questions or concerns that you may have. We are always happy to help.

Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 26th, 2016, 9:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Anr1985

Did you ever figure out what was wrong with the car im having the same issues
Old March 27th, 2016, 9:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

wondering if the drive by wire throttle system has a fault. this is what usually sets reduced engine power messages in the dic display. if could need a new throttle body/tps sensor.

This should not cause the engine to shut down and would not lock the steering. the engine shutting down would cause loss of power steering assist. the steering would only lock by turning the key to off. More information is needed to provide any real help.