Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Got rear ended....

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2014, 5:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got rear ended....

Well my 2014 Impala got hit in the rear end while on vacation in Florida. The rear bumper cover is destroyed as is all the "padding". Looking up underneath, I can see that the muffler hangers are bent as well and I am somewhat concerned the gastank/truck floor may be bent. Any suggestions on what to look for as far as damage? It was a small car (1997 saturn) and it lifted my rear wheels off the ground when he hit me.......
Old August 30th, 2014, 8:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn bro
Old August 30th, 2014, 9:21 PM
CF Junior Member

Sucks to hear. Post some pics so we can have a better idea.
Old September 3rd, 2014, 7:36 PM
CF Junior Member

Sorry to hear that.
I winced when I read that. Apparently my Impala had been taken down to Florida over the holiday weekend and was being driven by one of my wife's friends. Reading your post made me think about that and wince.
Old September 4th, 2014, 6:26 AM
CF Beginner

The insurance company agreed it was their guys fault so I'm off to get estimates today. I'll post what they say........

I'm probably going to ask for "diminished value" as well. An insurance agent friend of mine pointed out that the car will now have a CARFAX indicating it has been repaired. He told me that will reduce my cars value by 10% minimum since it was a brand new car.
Old September 4th, 2014, 4:37 PM
CF Beginner

Well I guess I grossly over estimated the damage. Both estimates came in at about $1700, however both said they figured there would be some additional hidden damage. The single most expensive part is the rear bumper cover.....nearly $600.