Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Head is swimming!

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2014, 5:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head is swimming!

I have been researching a new car for a few weeks now. I must have driven at least a dozen cars. To be honest here I have not even considered a American badged car for at least 20 years. I have been buying Toyota, Nissan and Hyundai except for a Monte Carlo I bought used for wife but ended up giving to collage daughter 2 weeks after buying it when her car died.

Anyway, simply because I saw an Impala sitting at dealership that I really like the lines of and the color (blue topaz met) I stopped in. Drove a 1LT and was really shocked at how nice the ride was and fell in love with the interior layout as well. Then I drove a 2LT and liked the car even more!

Now the aggravating part. I want the premium seat package and do not want the safety package.......can't do it! So in order to get the seat package I have to shell out an additional $900.00 for the safety package that I don't see me ever using. I also really want the ambient lighting but have to get the $1100.00 audio/wheel package to get it. Long story short, I am going to be $34.300 with everything I want including sunroof for a 2LT.

After a little more research I am thinking I might as well go with the 2LTZ for $36,200 and get everything I want plus the leather seats and the nice looking exhaust.

A first question I have for you guys is, seeing as the quality of ride is one of the best features of the car I like, will I be sacrificing any of the ride by going with the 19" wheels over the 18s? Is there anything else I am not thinking of so far as differences between the 2 trims?
Old April 5th, 2014, 6:15 PM
CF Beginner

My car rides fine with the 19" wheels, do NOT get 20-22" wheels. I test drove a 20" and the ride was horrible, and the 22" wheels will take damage from speedbumps. I suggest also if you ever want to upgrade your audio system do NOT get the bose system. It sounds great but good luck adding subwoofers.
Old April 5th, 2014, 6:20 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks SgtChow. Audio upgrade will not happen, I mostly listen to sports talk radio!!!!! LOL!
Old April 5th, 2014, 6:28 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Depends on where you live. He might live in some salt/snow plowed region that has horrible roads. You might be where all the roads are smooth.

I like the 20's and have them. I'm cautious over potholes and road damage.

And I never take a speed bump at speed.

2ltz here, no adaptive cruise control.
Old April 5th, 2014, 6:47 PM
CF Beginner

Pittsburgh, snow/salt, pothole capital of the world!
Old May 8th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Banned

I have a '14 2LTZ Diamond White with Adaptive and 20" wheels.

Car rides fine and looks so much better with the 20inch wheels IMO.

Never owned a car that every day someone comes up to me and drools over the car and want to look inside.

If spending $36K, why not go full boat and get all the options for a few $$ more?

You will be happier for it.