Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Homelink, AC, cruise intermittent 2000 LS

Search this Thread

Old June 25th, 2007, 8:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelink, AC, cruise intermittent 2000 LS

Wife says her AC won't come on, so I tried it and it did, but not right away. HomeLink display is off at the same time. Further investigation indicates that the cruise control will not work when HomeLink display if off. Searching online I found one person saying his ignition switch had to be replaced at a cost of $400. I find that I can jiggle the switch some, and it does feel a little sloppy, and sometimes the display will come on for me. Gonna try some silicon spray on it.
The key fob is not one with a chip or resistor, as I usually drive it with a bare metal key, no plastic or rubber on it at all. The remotes had to be programmed when we got it, but not the keys.
Any others have this problem? Is the switch something that I can replace myself?
thanx
Old September 24th, 2007, 6:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Homelink, AC, cruise intermittent 2000 LS

Had the exact same problem on my 2000 Impala.

I had to remove the dash panel and ignition switch. I then snapped the back cover off the ignition switch and found a couple of contacts that were carboned up. I cleaned them off with some 800 grit sand paper and reassembled the switch. It works perfect now.

Easy to do now that I did it. Let me know if you want more details...

Joe