Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

How do I connect shift cable

Search this Thread

Old January 30th, 2017, 8:45 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I connect shift cable

I just purchased a 2009 9c1 police package car from the city that was wrecked. For some reason the city motor pool disconnected the shift cable in the middle. I need to know how to connect the center of the cables together. I know how the outer cable connects just need to know about the pointed end on the lower cable. They also removed the MAF sensor and air box.So another question is can I start the engine without the MAF sensor? I just want to hear it run before I put a lot of money in the car. I am going to have to replace the sub frame as it was broken in the crash. The picture is the cable connection I am asking about. ThanksName:  IMG_3202_zpsas8amwfi.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  185.1 KB
Old January 30th, 2017, 3:28 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

You can't start the engine without the air plenum in place
Old January 30th, 2017, 3:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
You can't start the engine without the air plenum in place
The plenum is in place the plastic tube containing the MAF sensor is not.
Old January 30th, 2017, 6:27 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by jso2378;332921[B
They also removed the MAF sensor and air box[/B].So another question is can I start the engine without the MAF sensor?Thanks
Just for clarification, maybe be able to start the engine without it, in general with the ECM reading live prvious data it should run withouth the MAF sensor un plugged.
Old January 30th, 2017, 8:42 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
Just for clarification, maybe be able to start the engine without it, in general with the ECM reading live prvious data it should run withouth the MAF sensor un plugged.
Yes, I just want to run it long enough to make sure the engine runs good before I dump the money and time into replacing the sub frameName:  IMG_3183_zpsuow2x8ik.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  59.5 KB
Old January 31st, 2017, 3:15 AM
CF Junior Member

Is there a possibility of conversing with the tow truck driver or scanning a service manual at a dealership? Evidently the vehicle was running when it wrecked, Why wouldn`t it now?
Old January 31st, 2017, 7:37 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Richard Till
Is there a possibility of conversing with the tow truck driver or scanning a service manual at a dealership? Evidently the vehicle was running when it wrecked, Why wouldn`t it now?
That's what I am thinking. I just want to hear it for myself. Going to the junk yard this morning to get a oil cooler and then going to try and start it.