Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

How long did you make it until your first oil change?

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2014, 6:43 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took almost three hours, but got the oil changed and tired rotated last night. Tires don't need to be rotated until 7500 miles I think? Eh, they said they were going to do it and I guess I didn't really care; I only get so many trips in for free maintenance anyway.
They looked into the seat issue and said they were going to order some switch and some other part and to call back at the end of the week. So hopefully this gets figured out quick; I would like to get that working before my road trip. I asked my wife to toggle the front part of the lever on her passenger seat and sure enough that worked over there. I saw the front portion of the seat rising and lowering and said "Sonofa-... Wish mine did that."

In other news, I got home right in time for pollen to start blanketing my car in a fine yellow dust every morning. So that is fun.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 9:27 PM
CF Active Member

Default oil

Thats probably not wrong. Short around town driving is what will kill engine oil life. I see you live in Greenland so I assume its been very cold and the OC monitor looks at all those parameters . It really depends on the driving , outside air temps, whether the vehicle gets to full operating temps etc. I have a Isuzu ascender which a GMC Envoy with a Isuzu badge on it. I usually will not go much over 6000 miles before changing it but I have never seen the OC light come on in the 70000 miles I have had it . In the summer I bet it would go upwards of 10k before the oc light would come on. In fairness also this vehicle also has a 7 quart sump in it so I assume they took that into consideration when they calibrated it .
Old May 14th, 2014, 7:47 AM
CF Junior Member

7200 for my first. (meter was down to 5%) their sticker says 3 months and 4K to come back in. which is nowhere near my real life experience nor even what manual says. they are just trying to suck the money out of you.
Old May 14th, 2014, 8:11 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by luckydriver
7200 for my first. (meter was down to 5%) their sticker says 3 months and 4K to come back in. which is nowhere near my real life experience nor even what manual says. they are just trying to suck the money out of you.
You should have 2years/24k scheduled maintenance?
Old May 14th, 2014, 11:48 AM
CF Junior Member

that will be gone in a few months. then the unsuspecting consumer may blindly follow what their sticker says, which is totally nuts because GM has the oil meter on the car so whats the point of that if you are to go by the sticker lol

i guess some people dont keep log books of work done on their cars though but still, the meter IS here for us to use. and 3 months 4K miles is just a very wrong estimate on any front or calculation
Old May 14th, 2014, 4:37 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by luckydriver
i guess some people dont keep log books of work done on their cars though but still, the meter IS here for us to use. and 3 months 4K miles is just a very wrong estimate on any front or calculation
I started keeping a log of all mx work with this car, since it is my first new/nice vehicle; I've been writing it all down in the back of the manual. I have the oil change and tire rotation, the work they did on the seat module, and the trunk leak repairs all written down (dates, mileage, and what work was done and where).

Should still be a couple months until I need another oil change; I should be able to make it until I get back to the country at the end of summer. We put 3000 miles on it last month just driving it to Missouri, driving it around for two and a half weeks, and then driving it back to the east coast. 1020 miles each way and then quite a few out-and-about in KC (not sure how many miles I put on it before we left SC and after we returned, but that I probably put more miles on it during that 7-week vacation than I would normally in 6 months was surprising to me). Behaved beautifully too... got decent gas mileage and was extremely comfortable. I never thought I would be able to spending 15 hours of a day in a car, but I never had any discomfort. In fact, I really need to make a thread about how great the car was on the drive there and back. I was bummed last year that I only got to drive the car for <48 hours when I bought it before leaving the country, but I definitely got my desire to spend a lot of time driving it out of my system.