Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

How to Program 2006 Key?

Search this Thread

Old August 20th, 2008, 5:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Program 2006 Key?

I lost my '06 Impala's keys. I took my title to the dealer and had a key made. Now I need to program the key.
The parts sales guy gave me instructions. BUt so far, it's not working. I may be missing a step.
Anyone know how to program a key? or where I could look up the instructions?

Thx!
Old August 21st, 2008, 6:27 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: How to Program 2006 Key?

I'll copy\paste the instructions below. [/align]When turning the key on then off.....wait for the theft light to go out before you turn the key off[/align][/align][/align][/align]Adding Keys [/align]
Important: [align=left]

To initiate, this procedure requires that a learned master key be available.[/align][align=left]

A total of 10 master keys or valet keys may be programmed to a single vehicle.[/align][align=left]

This procedure adds keys only. The procedure does not erase previously learned keys.[/align][align=left]

The keys to be learned must duplicate the mechanical cut of the current key.[/align][align=left]

If more than one valet key is to be learned, immediately precede each valet key with a learned master key.[/align]

[ol]With a previously learned master key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Turn OFF the ignition and remove the key.
Within 10seconds insert the key to be learned. Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF. The vehicle has now learned the new key. [/ol][/align]
Old August 22nd, 2008, 8:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to Program 2006 Key?

Thank you very much shawn for the reply!

I will use that to make a spare key for my car. I couldn't use that method for the key I purchased because I did NOT have another key. I don't want that to happen again, so I will make a spare one, with your intstructions. THX!