Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

New Impala steel wheels/winter tires

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2006, 5:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Impala steel wheels/winter tires

Traded in my '03 Impala for my '07. Just the winter before I did that I bought a set of winter tires on brand new steel OE style wheels. I want to use these on my new Impala since they are still brand new. However, the new models have tire pressure sensors in each wheel. If i buy a set of these sensors..will they fit in the steel rims? I think the base LS Impalas that have steel rims still use these tire pressure sensors, so I should just be able to get a set of them, have the car programmed, and i can continue using my winter tires. Anyone else have an expreience with this??
Old December 29th, 2006, 5:48 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Impala steel wheels/winter tires

I'm glad i read this. I was looking for a pair of steel rims to put studded tires on my 03, i never
even thought about the tire pressure sensors. I imagine if i skip the sensors on the rims, the low tire
pressure light will always be on. I sure miss the days without all these stupid sensors.
Old December 29th, 2006, 7:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, no, no....the tire pressure SESNORS only started for the '06 model year. Before that, the tire pressure monitoring system was simply the ABS wheel speed sensor counting the tire revolutions...nothing mounted onto/inside of the wheel like in my '07. Like i said..I had my snow tire/steel wheel setup on my '03. You have the freedom to change wheels/tires...as long as in the end you dont change the overall size of things so they rotate faster/slower.
Old January 2nd, 2007, 12:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good. Thanks for the reply. Maybe next year, we haven't had any snow yet, and i have a tahoe
i never drive, except for pulling something...