Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

I need some coolant help

Search this Thread

Old September 6th, 2015, 7:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some coolant help

I'm not a big car guy so I'm not overly knowledgable. If anything doesn't make sense or is too vague I'm sorry.

I've had a lot of coolant problems within the past year or so. I had a cracked elbow pipe (idk from where to where) that was replaced last year, and earlier this summer I replaced my thermostat and then got a coolant flush.

Today I had to take a longer than usual drive, 30 mins, and about as soon as I arrived at my destination my coolant temp spiked and then I started seeing smoke. I stopped the car and popped the hood and it looks like coolant had sprayed all over the place under the hood. Has anyone else come across this problem? I only have two pics which may or may not be of help.

I was also wondering if any of y'all know of another coolant to use besides dexcool because I know it sucks

Thanks
Old September 6th, 2015, 11:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortantely no..Most newer model GM vehicle`s have aluminum radiator`s.Check your owner`s manul.It will tell you whether to use Dex Cool (orange color) or the regular Prestone (green color)