Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Ignition Recall Issue

Search this Thread

Old November 10th, 2014, 6:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition Recall Issue

I had my 2008 ignition switch fixed since it was on the recall list. I have never had any issues with starting it before but since the fix I have had issues. Sometimes- I would say one out of 20 times I try starting the car -I put the key in and turn the key and just the dash board lights light up. It doesn't start. I than take the key out and try again and it will work. Not a big issue now but am worried something down the road might get worse. The dealer said it is just a coincidence and not a fault on their end from the ignition switch fix. There has to be something they have done to have this start happening. Any ideas?
Old November 10th, 2014, 7:56 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
You need to get your vehicle back into the dealership that did the work...I would suggest you remove any excess keys or bling from your key chain prior to taking it in so they don't suggest that its your fault by having too much weight on it...
I will add the caveat that if it turns out to be something other then something directly related to the ignition switch they replaced, you may be responsible for the diagnostic fee but they should tell you that up front.
Old November 10th, 2014, 9:21 PM
CF Beginner

The dealer said over and over that it wasn't due to the switch fix. He did promise me that he wouldn't charge me for the diagnosis but said more than likely it wasn't on their end and I would have to pay it to get fixed if they found a problem. Pretty coincidental that it started acting up right after the fix.
Old November 11th, 2014, 8:46 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Eagles
The dealer said over and over that it wasn't due to the switch fix. He did promise me that he wouldn't charge me for the diagnosis but said more than likely it wasn't on their end and I would have to pay it to get fixed if they found a problem. Pretty coincidental that it started acting up right after the fix.
SRP's post from yesterday sounds pretty close to your condition

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/imp...e2/#post288694
Old November 11th, 2014, 9:42 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Eagles
Hi Eagles,

Please let us know how your dealership service visit turns out. If you would like for us to look more into this matter, please send your VIN, mileage, full contact information and dealership name via private message.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 18th, 2014, 7:05 PM
CF Beginner

I brought the car in today for a oil change and ignition diagnosis. They would diagnosis the car but would charge me if it came back not on their end. I told them this all started happening right after the ignition recall fix and it was up to them to diagnosis. I bought the car from them and have had it serviced there many times before so I was hoping they would stand by the problem. It's too coincidental that this all started happening right after the "fix". And this was also after GM called them specifically in reference to my car.
Old November 19th, 2014, 4:39 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Any update on this, what did they find?
Old November 20th, 2014, 4:05 PM
CF Beginner

They didn't find anything because they said if they thought after the diagnosis that it wasn't on their end than I would have to pay for the diagnosis. The least they could do is diagnosis it on their dime regardless of the outcome. This all started to happen the same day after the recall "fix". Never before. I shouldn't have to pay a dime. I'm not the only one on this forum who have had issues after the recall fix. Too bad GM doesn't stand behind problems they created.