Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Impala 2LTZ versus Buick Regal

Old April 8th, 2014, 11:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impala 2LTZ versus Buick Regal

Earlier this year I was going to purchase the 2014 Impala 2LTZ. I've decided to wait until summer. I also like the looks of the Buick Regal, but haven't test driven one yet. Comfort, quiet ride, safety features are important to me. I would appreciate anyone's opinions about the two cars. Thank you.
Old April 9th, 2014, 9:43 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by baby bobby
Earlier this year I was going to purchase the 2014 Impala 2LTZ. I've decided to wait until summer. I also like the looks of the Buick Regal, but haven't test driven one yet. Comfort, quiet ride, safety features are important to me. I would appreciate anyone's opinions about the two cars. Thank you.
Best to watch some youtube video reviews.

Dont know much about the Reagle.. but the Cadillac Que buttons look to be a pretty bad implementation.
Old April 13th, 2014, 7:11 AM
CF Beginner

Just yesterday I went to a Chevy/Buick dealer and drove the Impala 2LTZ, and Buick Lacross w/Leather Package. My take is that the Buick is slightly quieter and has softer seats, but the Impala actually has a softer ride, and a much more appealing interior layout, especially the dash.
Old April 13th, 2014, 8:29 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BiXLL
Just yesterday I went to a Chevy/Buick dealer and drove the Impala 2LTZ, and Buick Lacross w/Leather Package. My take is that the Buick is slightly quieter and has softer seats, but the Impala actually has a softer ride, and a much more appealing interior layout, especially the dash.
Did they both have the same wheel size?

Everyone says the 20s on the impala are too noisy.
The 20s are fine to me.
Old April 13th, 2014, 8:35 AM
CF Beginner

The Impala had 19s, the Lacross had 18s.
Old April 15th, 2014, 12:19 PM
CF Junior Member

You are comparing apples and oranges (sort of). The Regal and Malibu are platform twins. The Impala has more in common with the LaCross and Cadillac XTS (same wheelbase and 3.6 power). The Malibu / Regal are powered by 4's and turbo 4's.

If comfort and quietness are your number one's, I highly recommend you check out a loaded up Malibu. It has a ride better than my Impala ( I leased a base LS for a year before the Impala), even my wife noticed the ride change when I got the impala. Also, Malibu's are discounted for incredible savings, and the 2.5 is plenty powerful and quiet. 2.0T is same engine in Cadillac ATS, Buick Regal (though tuned for a bit less torque). The 2.5 is a fantastic (and efficient) engine in the Malibu, and a terrible overworked engine in the Impala. If you get the Impala, get the 3.6.

Last edited by LarryFL; April 15th, 2014 at 12:23 PM.
Old April 15th, 2014, 1:10 PM
CF Junior Member

You are comparing apples and oranges (sort of). The Regal and Malibu are platform twins. The Impala has more in common with the LaCross and Cadillac XTS (same wheelbase and 3.6 power). The Malibu / Regal are powered by 4's and turbo 4's.
The platforms are actually quite similar. The Malibu & Regal are on the Epsilon II (SWB) Platform. The Impala, LaCrosse & XTS are on the Epsilon II (LWB) Platform. Much of the hardware is similar the main difference being the Epsilon II has a longer wheelbase and Track Width. The Epsilon Platform was originally designed by GM Opel in Europe.

Found this on Wikopedia:

Epsilon II [edit]
A new version of the Epsilon, dubbed Epsilon II, debuted in 2008. It is adaptable for front and all-wheel drive applications. In long wheelbase format, Epsilon II supports US EPA Large Cars, allowing GM to replace the G and W platforms. The architecture was developed by Opel in Rüsselsheim, Germany.[1]
Current and announced vehicles built on Epsilon II:
2008–present Opel Insignia, Buick Regal (saloon, hatchback, estate) (SWB)
2010–present Buick LaCrosse/Alpheon (LWB)
2010-2012 Saab 9-5 (LWB)
2012–present Roewe 950 (LWB)[2]
2013–present Chevrolet Malibu, Holden Malibu (SWB)
2013–present Cadillac XTS (LWB)
2014-present Chevrolet Impala (LWB)