Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Impala Transmission's

Old August 18th, 2016, 2:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gm. Wont help me transmission blew up

Gm. It is unbelievable how GM will not help me I am a loyAl Chevy customer I have a bought a Monte Carlo I bought a Impala 2003 and now I have a Chevy Impala 2011 on a loyal Chevy customers GM will not help me or make good on the warranty and my transmission blew up my car has been at Ed Bozarth Chevy for 2 months and I cannot get GM to but has a 50% off deal for a blow up transmission and the warranty was only 30 days expired I am so upset with GM I have spent thousands of dollars on Chevy products and I really demands someone help me I'm going to spend the rest of my life every single day going online Freddy call Chevy will not assist me with my transmission repair and they know that the transmission is defective please someone help me with this situation I need help now my car is about to be repossessed because GM will not help out with the warranty replacement on my transmission that they know it was defective on my 2011 Chevy Impala please please somebody reach out to me and help
Old August 18th, 2016, 8:03 AM
CF Beginner

Default Transmission help

Go to Triple Edge Performance web site they have a lot of information available and they will help you.

Originally Posted by jlock2323
I have a 2012 impala just broke 60k miles trans is slipping on take off any suggestions
Old August 21st, 2016, 12:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Transmission Warranty Extension/6T70/6T75/6 speed

Obviously GM knows the 6t75 transmission is a POS and has gone to extremes to protect themselves from mass lawsuits. This post comes from another forum about the extended warranty GM has put out on certain versions of this model transmission. :

"Got another call from the dealer late today, he's been trying to get someone to help. The independent transmission shop won't touch my car. They said they've heard of too many problems and if they rebuild or put in a re-mfg one and the new parts are faulty, they don't want the expense of having to fix it under warranty..

GM Headquarters said the factory isn't making the re-mfg. transmissions, everything is on hold with no estimated date when they will start back up. I used the term new transmissions in earlier post, it would be new to my car, but I know they are the re-mfg. ones they are trying to find to replace mine with."

Personally, this tranny seems solid as a rock but then it only has 30K miles. One thing I have heard from the experts is you never fill this transmission all the way to the full mark. This will cause the unit to overheat and premature damage. In other words, always allow for heat expansion at 200 plus degrees.
Old September 30th, 2016, 10:08 AM
CF Beginner

Default ?????

I don't know what everyone's issues have been because I bought my 2011 impala with 40,000 on it and now I am just about to turn over 70,000 and I haven't had any issue that everyone has been complaining about with the tranny or the ignition and I beat the **** out of my cars. I drive hard and fast going hard into corners and pulling out faster and I don't know maybe I am just about to get the problems but so far so good.
Old October 2nd, 2016, 10:32 AM
CF Beginner

It's nice to know that not everyone is affected by this problem. It would help even more if you identified which chevy impala you own. I also had a 2011 chevy LT V6 and it was far superior (transmission wise) to the 2012 and later models. The gas mileage was also far better than any I have driven since.
Old October 19th, 2016, 9:27 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Tnoc
It's nice to know that not everyone is affected by this problem. It would help even more if you identified which chevy impala you own. I also had a 2011 chevy LT V6 and it was far superior (transmission wise) to the 2012 and later models. The gas mileage was also far better than any I have driven since.
i have a 2011 Lt 3.5l v6
The following users liked this post:
Tnoc (July 14th, 2023)
Old October 6th, 2017, 2:55 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

no reverse help me with a helpful advice guys2007 impala ls
Old July 12th, 2023, 10:16 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
Quit whining and put another transmission in it. I bet that's what the dealer told you to do but you didn't want to.
i put a new trans in my car and it does the same thing! Might not happen for a few weeks or might happen multiple times a day. It's ridiculous!!