Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Installing Radio CD Player in 2004 Impala

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2007, 8:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Radio CD Player in 2004 Impala

I wasn't sure just where to post this, so I also posted it in the Audio Visual section.

I just bought a used 2004 Impala that came with a cassette radio. I want to install a factory radio with aCD player. They are available on Ebay for $50 to $150.My questions are, how hard is it to pull out the old radio and install the new one? I am not sure how these new dashes come apart. I am mechanical, but need some coaching.

Second,Are there any problems getting the anti theft code reprogramed?

Third, did some years have AM Sterio?

Thanks for your response,

Greg O.
Old March 27th, 2008, 9:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Installing Radio CD Player in 2004 Impala

You can got to http://www.carstereoremoval.com/and buy instructions for $ 7.00 on how to replace unit. I do think the dealer has to reprogram.
Old March 27th, 2008, 5:24 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Installing Radio CD Player in 2004 Impala

Dash removal is pretty straight forward. couple screw on both outer sides of the dash, I think a couple in the instrument cluster area, pop the cover from around the key cylinder off, put shifter all the way down, steering wheel all the way down, and starting at one side or the other, start pulling the dash off. Once off there are 3 7mm bolts holding the radio in.

When the new radio is in, it should work, but wil read calibrate everytime you cycle th power. Dealer needs to set-up the radio using a tech2.....5mins of work