Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Key recall problem

Search this Thread

Old November 6th, 2014, 2:12 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Key recall problem

I just took in my wife's 2006 impala (146000 km) because it was on the recall list, and we had heard all these warnings. Took it in. And a 1/2 hours later it was ready, but when I turned the key nothing, tried the other key still nothing. The shop service guy came over, after about 5 minutes and it started, no problem. OKAY I left and did some errands, got gas and it wouldn't start and after a few minutes trying to tell the gas station guy no I didn't need a tow truck, it started.
So back to the dealers and the same service guy, I told him what happened and asked if they could put it back the way it was. No they had only touched the keys, and could not remove the plug. Of course it started ok, but he got the tech2 out and scanned the system. It had 7 ignition related fault codes, all key antitheft errors so hecleared the codes and sent me on my way
My question has anyone else had this problem, it they damage the chip in the keys or screw up the chip code????