Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Keyless remote reprogramming

Search this Thread

Old April 28th, 2012, 6:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless remote reprogramming

I have a 2006 Impala LTZ. I recently replaced the batteries in both of my keyless remotes. My vehicle now won't recognize them. I go through the steps of reprogramming according to the manual and once I get to the "Press (check mark) to relearn remote key" point it never progresses any further. It's supposed to go to "Remote Key Learning Active" and it never does. Any thoughts on a fix would be much appreciated!
Old April 30th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> sioux2211,

When the "Press (check mark) to Relearn Remote Key" displays you have to press the set/reset button in order for the "Remote Key Learning Active" message will displace. Then proceed with the remainder of the instruction, which I've listed below.

1. Press the vehicle information button until PRESS (check mark) TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays.

2. Press the set/reset button. The message REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE
will display.

3. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first transmitter at the same time for approximately 15 seconds.

A chime will sound indicating that the transmitter is matched.

4. To match additional transmitters at this time, repeat Step 3.

Each vehicle can have a maximum of eight transmitters matched to it.

5. To exit the programming mode, you must cycle the key to OFF.

I hope this helps. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service