Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Low Oil Pressure Light on!! please help.

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2016, 12:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solved: Use AC Delco Oil Filter

Once I used the AC Delco oil filter on my 2007 Impala, this problem went away.
Old August 17th, 2016, 10:18 PM
CF Beginner

AlonzoMosely -
I was just wondering how many Km's have you put on the car since this fix has worked for you?
Thanks
Old December 21st, 2016, 10:14 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2008 Impala SS and with 160000 miles and right and I changed my oil .My low engine oil pressure light would come on once every couple of days . I recently changed and it one of the coldest days this year and I thought I would let it warm up first and once it reached normal running temperatures it would come on........and check engine come on with a P0521 ......was pissed . I started doing some research an come cross the form ......with the post telling someone to try Pennzoil Urtra so I tried it with replacing the oil sensor .....and the thanks to your post .....Two days strong no lights .......only one problem left my tire pressure system won't show me the relearn tpms can't find in in the car information center ?????????
Old March 24th, 2017, 10:50 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2010 Chevy impala 138000 miles

I have a 2010 Chevy impala just got the low oil pressure stop engine light it also chimes I just got the oil changed last week it now has 94% engine oil life I used full synthetic high mileage engine oil and got a new oil filter the vehicle is well maintained I don't drive it on the interstate a lot I drive to and from work. I am wondering what the main issue is and how much money it costs too repair and how I go about repairing it. Any advice is appreciated. Have a good day
Old November 5th, 2017, 3:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default Oil pressure

Originally Posted by JB84
After reading these, I realized I am not the only one having this issue, my car which I love and drive on a daily basis has just started displaying this alert. I was freaking out at the beggining and a week ago changed oil & censor, today however alert came on again ... Not sure what else to do, I love my car and need it therefore cannot afford to have my car mess up on me, nor continue to drive not knowing what it is as I have my daughter with me 99% of the time.

Any suggestions?...
I keep readin that the oil pressure sensor has been changed, but nothing about the filter. Right below the sensor is a filter and if it is clogged it will give you the low oil pressure warning.
Old July 1st, 2019, 12:48 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
Why isn't anyone displaying their current mileage?

I'm going to guess these cars don't have an oil pressure gauge, just a sensor for low pressure?

What type of oil and your using? Have you tried mixing in some 5w40 or even 5w50?
these cars are designed to let the driver know when the oil is getting close to the scheduled time change and then a series of programed sensor chip warning will follow if u keep driving past the time of the oil change and the oil presure warning becomes more sensitive. when u do change the oil u are supposed to retrip the setting to the next 3000 miles and allow it to reset if this isnt done it confuses the brain and will continue to give false oil presure low warnings. basicly if your not leaking oil and using the right kind and changing it within the frequent time frames your fine your car is fine.