Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

Low Tire Pressure Light

Search this Thread

Old September 26th, 2011, 1:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Tire Pressure Light

Just bought an '05 Impala SS. On the 3rd day the Low Tire Pressure warning light came on. Checked all tires and indeed did have one that was low. After bringing all to proper pressure the light continues to stay on. I tried calibrating by turning the exterior lamps on/off 3 times as instructed in the manual; light remains on. Can't reset with radio as previous owner installed an aftermarket unit. Any suggestions on resetting the warning monitor?

Thanks for any help.
Old September 26th, 2011, 2:58 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Might put 5 lbs more in that tire just to see if the light will clear?
Old September 26th, 2011, 5:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 2005 Impala does not have TPMS sensors. The BCM determines the low pressure condition by changes in the rotational speed of the wheel. When reset, it will learn the baseline after certain driving conditions. I think the light switch method calls for turning the light switch on to off (or was it off to parking lamps?) three times rapidly with key on.
Old September 27th, 2011, 9:42 AM
CF Beginner

EinST, your solution worked. On to off 3 times rapidly. I think the key was the speed because when I had used that method previously it didn't work. Doing it rapidly worked the first try. Thank you so much.
Old September 27th, 2011, 2:05 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Welcome to the forum and Congrats on your new vehicle! I am glad that the other users have helped you resolve your issue. Now, enjoy your new car!
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old September 27th, 2011, 3:05 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
Might put 5 lbs more in that tire just to see if the light will clear?
Originally Posted by EinST
The 2005 Impala does not have TPMS sensors. The BCM determines the low pressure condition by changes in the rotational speed of the wheel. When reset, it will learn the baseline after certain driving conditions. I think the light switch method calls for turning the light switch on to off (or was it off to parking lamps?) three times rapidly with key on.
Originally Posted by jacketman
EinST, your solution worked. On to off 3 times rapidly. I think the key was the speed because when I had used that method previously it didn't work. Doing it rapidly worked the first try. Thank you so much.

Wow.Great coverage guys.Now that is the way it is supposed to be.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:24 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

I'm beginning to think you're getting a little out of line here. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were stalking. I really don't have any problem with Chevrolet Customer Service and neither do the majority of members, judging by the lack of feedback to your complaints. In fact, if need ever arose, I'd rather contact them first than call some "customer assistance" sitting half a world away speaking English as a second language. What I have a problem with is people adding superfluous "comments to threads without anything substantive, useful, or in context for thinly veiled purposes."
Einst-Live in the U.S.A. as a pro mechanic for over 40yrs.Got about 15 yrs involved in forums all just like this one.The primary goal of all those forums is just like what developed in a solution that you got from the community and that stand as a record for others to follow you to be able to look up as a ref.If you think about CCS.................The last part of your post applies to them X 10.Think about it.CCS is loosely connected to Chevrolet as the view of us as a social site which because we offer solutions that are repairs is offensive.To time after time say call the dealer isn't a answer.Heck that isn't advise the even gets to the standards of your local yellow pages which with you own logic would lead to to that answer.So like I said,think about what your saying.................Ask yourself WHY Chevrolet is trying to "market" sort of undercover the service department services incorporating services of CAR and the likes of CCS who either knows nothing about forums or vehicles.Well the answer is Chevrolet backed themselves into a corner with extremely high repair bills and the consumer now for yrs are turned OFF.That marketing type is disingenuous.

So my comment was directed to the forum members applauding them for them helping out as a forum like this supposed to.And so no one is confused,I will continue to help within my knowledge base for the same reasons.

I an honestly sorry to post this off topic subject.My only excuse is I feel the community needed to read it.

Sorry,

Terry

Last edited by T.Neff; October 3rd, 2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 4:09 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

I've had an 08 Silverado in the dealer several times for an electrical problem. Battery was replaced (Sears said it wasn't the battery, it set overnight in thier shop, wouldn't start without a jump) Dealer said it was the radio causing too much drain on the battery, they replaced it. The problem NEVER was "corrected" out of the 4 times I had to take it to the dealer, seems Sears at least could diagnose a battery issue. Truck was intermittent on starting even after driving 2-300 miles + that previous day, sometimes needed jump started. Shorten the story, I'd not sell outside shops any less than dealers mechanics. Only thing dealer mechanics have is service bulletins that most of the other garages don't have. That 08 was a company lease vehicle, else I'd not been in at the dealer other than it was a warrenty. Parts changers, I dunno seems Chevy has them too. I should say the first trip to the dealer was them to replace the battery at thier diagnosis

Last edited by kevinkpk; October 3rd, 2011 at 4:11 PM. Reason: I should say the first trip to the dealer was them to replace the battery at thier diagnosis
Old October 3rd, 2011, 6:38 PM
Banned

I can't say I share your objection over the participation of the GM customer service representatives here. I often come across folks throwing parts at the problem, based on some misinformation they gathered on Internet bulletin boards, this site included. A lot of times they should've just taken it in and gotten it properly diagnosed. You as a "pro mechanic" should know that a lot of independent shops are staffed by basically part-changers that make do with little training and equipment. Thus, I don't see anything wrong with suggesting a visit to the dealership service department. Maybe you have something going on in your life I'm not privy to, like dissatisfaction with your vehicle, axe to grind, or something, I don't want to know. But I'd appreciate it if you'd stop polluting threads.

P.S. I'm going to be deleting this post and post #7 in a few days, cleaning up so to speak. Thanks for your PM and I'll leave it at that.
EinST,
I did want so much to let it die off right here.I do think I need to explain the CCS isn't a Customer Service Rep.They are not the people you reach while calling Chevrolet's 800 numbers and certainty it seems not trained by GM.They are a sub contractor solely here to promote repair sales for dealers unarmed by any knowledge of repairs.We do provide quality repair solutions on this forum and that is a standard that has been around for a long long time.How do I know that??.Well just do a search.

I am not polluting threads bud.I just want you to understand their membership undermines repair forums like this one.
And ends up costing members a lot of money they do not have to spend.
Old October 6th, 2011, 8:53 PM
CF Beginner

my 01 impala base has the same warning light I'm not sure if I have to try those solutions or get a new sensor and have replaced I feel like it would be better in the long run to replace all of sensors anyone got any other ideas

Quick Reply: Low Tire Pressure Light